Maintaining a provider network that consists of a sufficient number of qualified workers who serve members in the most interpersonally, clinically, culturally, and technically capable manner possible is critical to the Health Plan's success. Working in collaboration with AHCCCS, providers and various stakeholders, the Workforce Development Specialist facilitates the deployment of a qualified and capable workforce, maintains the capacity to collect workforce data, analyzes workforce trends, plans, strategizes, and mobilizes the human, educational and community resources needed to both attract and prepare qualified workers to deliver contracted services. The Workforce Development Specialist shall assist providers to enhance their Workforce Development Programs by providing both direct and indirect technical assistance on an as needed basis and is responsible for coordinating and overseeing contractually required workforce development activities.
Reports to: Behavioral Health Medical Director
Department: Health Services
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Responsibilities: Candidate Education:
- Provides direct assistance to providers in order to develop the workforce.
- Interacts and establishes effective working relations with regional workforce development agencies in order to collaboratively develop workplace learning materials for providers; manages the workforce development project life cycle.
- Interacts and establishes effective working relationships with regional workforce development agencies in order to help identify workplace learning opportunities.
- Assist AHCCCS with developing forecasts and plans concerning the workforce development needs of Arizona's healthcare system.
- Serves as a liaison to AHCCCS and providers to advance collaborative priorities, serving as an intermediary between employers, education and training providers, and workforce development agencies.
- Monitors provider workforce development activities, collects workforce data, produces a workforce development plan, and ensures that subcontracted personnel are receiving the training required.
- Produces a Workforce Development Plan in collaboration with providers, AHCCCS and other stakeholders.
- Collect and analyze required and ad hoc workforce data.
- Provide technical assistance to providers to develop, implement, and improve workforce recruitment, selection, evaluation, education, and training and retention programs.
- Maintain strong relationships with a broad set of stakeholders, including government officials and providers.
- Support all workforce collaboratives, including meeting preparation and communications.
- Serve as a spokesperson for workforce development, presenting at various stakeholder meetings and events.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in social work, public health, social services or related field
- Required or equivalent work experience directly related to performing the duties of the position
- Preferred A Master's Degree in social work, public health, social services or related field
- Required 2 years of experience in proven success working in workforce development programs employment support, and vocational rehab.
- Required 2 years of experience in non-profit or social work/social services.
- Preferred 1 year of experience in Managed Care
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from families, members, and providers
- Intermediate Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Intermediate Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Intermediate Ability to work independently
- Beginner Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Intermediate Knowledge of community, state and federal laws and resources
- Intermediate Other Knowledge of Medicaid regulations and programs and/or knowledge of public health
- Intermediate Other Ability to establish relationships with community leaders
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint