This position acts as the liaison with the Arizona Department of Economic Security (AEDS) and the Rehabilitation Services Agency (RSA). Responsible for managing and overseeing employment support programs, business development services, and rehabilitation-related activities and acts as the subject matter expert to all internal and external stakeholders.
Reports to: Behavioral Health Medical Director
Department: Public Affairs - Advocacy
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Additional Responsibilities: Candidate Education:
- Promotes employment support and vocational rehabilitative initiatives to providers who are new to this service type.
- Serves as a liaison to the Arizona Department of Economic Security, Rehabilitation Services Agency (ADES/RSA) and subject matter expert in adult employment and vocational services.
- Interact and assist all Adult (GMHSU) Behavioral health providers to expand employment support and vocational rehabilitative services.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Northern and Central Arizona regions for employment support.
- Provide technical assistance to providers for billing accuracy.
- Acts as a resource for providers offering technical assistance and program support.
- Analyze trends in data and contribute toward developing interventions to meet workforce development and vocational rehabilitative goals. Assists AHCCCS with developing forecasts and plans concerning the workforce development needs of Arizona's healthcare system.
- Performs monitoring and resolution efforts related to vocational rehabilitation and employment program issues.
- Assists in expanding the network of vocational rehab and employment support service providers.
- Monitors the utilization of services specific to vocational programs.
- Identifies program models, best practices, and resources to assist in the development of project standards, policies, and procedures and protocols for effective vocational, employment, and business development services.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in social work, public health, social services or related field
- Required or equivalent work experience directly related to performing the duties and level of the position
- Required 2 years of experience in proven success working in employment and vocational rehabilitation employment services to achieve results.
- Required 1 year of experience in non-profit, advocacy, community organization, social work/social services or managed care
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from families, members, and providers
- Intermediate Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Intermediate Ability to work independently
- Intermediate Demonstrated project management skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Intermediate Knowledge of community, state and federal laws and resources
- Intermediate Other Ability to establish relationships with community leaders
- Intermediate Other Knowledge of Medicaid regulations and programs and/or knowledge of public health
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Beginner Microsoft Excel
- Required Beginner Microsoft Outlook
- Required Beginner Microsoft Word
- Required Beginner Microsoft PowerPoint