Oversees the development of deliverables and drives IT Departmental initiatives to ensure project budgets, scope, timelines, process, quality and expectations are met.
- Represents the department in cross-functional teams and to external customers.
- Participates in team meetings to set strategies, update project progress, and resolve outstanding issues
- Obtains status data and maintains an updated project plan
- Ensures timely completion of project tasks / deliverables
- Completion and oversight of the Change Control process for the assigned area of accountability
- Partnering with the business to ensure IT work efforts are prioritized and completed in the order that the business determines
- Communicates information effectively to other team members
- Analyzes the business and technical compatibility of systems, hardware, network, interfaces, etc.
- (not sure this is needed at this level)
- Liaisons with business teams to manage the project's finances and departmental budgets
- Responsible for reporting on the Finances and variances
- Evaluates workload and available resources to adjust schedules and priorities in collaboration with the IT teams as required
- Drives results through strategic planning and project leadership
- Monitors developed work plans and enforces accountability by key stakeholders
- Prepares strategic analysis of potential business and/or operational opportunities
- Communicates purpose and vision of the project and prepares summary reports and recommendations for management
- May partner with WellCare's PMO to ensure Methodologies are consistent and uniform
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent related project management experience
- Three to Five years in a project planning and/or coordination role, preferably in a healthcare environment
- Requires excellent organization and planning skills, supporting a high volume of small requests.
- Experience as an IT systems analyst is preferred
- Thorough understanding of current trends and strategies in healthcare is preferred
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing teams and multiple projects in a matrix environment is preferred
• Demonstrated experience using Project Management software tools is preferred
• Strong Excel skills sufficient to create complex spreadsheets containing complex formulas and functions• Strong Word and PowerPoint skill sufficient to create documents and presentations