LOCATION: Henderson Road, Tampa, FL
DEPARTMENT: Finance & Accounting
REPORTING TO: Mgr, Tax
This position supports the Company's tax function in the Finance Department including preparing income tax provisions, handling all tax-related filings, research tax-related issues. The Tax Analyst will be exposed to all aspects of tax provisions and tax compliance.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Prepares and analyzes tax records and reports.
- Assist in handling federal income, state and local income, franchise, annual report, premium tax, and other compliance filings.
- Maintains tax records and prepares miscellaneous tax analysis, research and assignments.
- Support both Federal and state audits.
- Support quarterly and annual GAAP and STAT income tax provision preparation.
- Coordinate with appropriate accounting personnel to obtain required information.
- Work with and support members of the Tax Group in meeting our compliance requirements.
- Performs additional duties or projects as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Required 3 years of experience in Corporate tax accounting and return experience, preferably in insurance company taxation; Insurance tax experience is a plus
- Required No Experience
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Demonstrated organizational skills
- Intermediate Other Working knowledge of accounting theory
- Intermediate Other Knowledge of corporate tax matters, particularly federal and state income taxes
- Advanced Other Compliance orientation
- Advanced Other Work paper documentation skills
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word