Maintains, administers, and installs client workstations, services, applications, and printers in accordance with standard Information Technology policies, processes, and procedures or as directed by IT management. Responds to help requests and performs level two diagnostic on client workstations, services, applications, and printers. Performs other duties as assigned.
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Information Technology
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Provides level two diagnoses of Windows and Citrix client issues including operating system, devices, services, printing, network issues, and client application issues (e.g. Outlook, Office Pro, and line of business apps.).
- Assists with administration (add, delete, change) of current Windows environment/network, Exchange, e-mail, fax, and VPN and Citrix remote access accounts and other network resources, services, and applications.
- Responds to alerts or emergency issues within 15 minutes during normal business hours and when on-call.
- Provides remote assistance to internal, work from home, traveling associates using remote support tools (Log-Me-In, Bomgar, Remote Desktop, etc)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required An Associate's Degree in a related field or information systems or information technology from a college, university or technical school
- Required or equivalent work experience 3 total years of experience in desktop support role
- Required 1 year of experience in an IT Service Desk level 1 role (in a Windows network environment), maintaining and diagnosing client workstations, services, applications, and printers
- Required Other Experience in no less than four of the following is required: • Windows OS • Basic Windows networks • Basic Exchange server • Citrix • Working in a Help Desk Environment • Microsoft Office Suite
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Other Manage basic IT process documentation. Must be able to document work and/or incidents using standard formats. Documentation must be grammatically correct, factually accurate, and appropriate to the target audience.
- Advanced Other Provide Service Desk phone and email support as required. Resolve issues by phone or email if possible. Record all Service Desk incidents/requests in the ITSM tracking system.
- Intermediate Other Must be able to communicate technical information to management for review and approval both verbally and in writing.
- Advanced Other Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and adhere to policies and standards.
- Intermediate Other Resolves more complex support issues and acts as an escalation point. May also coordinate with vendors.
- Advanced Other Install, maintain, and configure desktop and laptop computer hardware, software, and peripherals, including researching vendor documentation to resolve problems
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft Outlook