Provides IT support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems on a limited basis. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution. Handles computer equipment through all stages of its lifecycle.
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Supervisor Information Technology
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Develops a strong understanding of the business and can relate problems to business impacts.
- Understands how to triage and prioritize issues and will escalate problems to management.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of supported systems and continually strives to enhance knowledge through ongoing training, reading, and participating in projects and improvement initiatives.
- Responds to alerts or emergency issues within 15 minutes during normal business hours and when on-call.
- Processes and handles requests and orders for computer equipment throughout the lifecycle of the equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A High School or GED
- Preferred An Associate's Degree in a related field or graduate from a technical school in information systems or information technology or related field.
- Preferred A Bachelor's Degree in a related field will be considered in lieu of work experience
- Required 1 year of experience in an IT Service Desk level 1 role (in a Windows network environment), maintaining and diagnosing client workstations, services, applications, and printers.
- Required Other Experience in no less than two of the following is required: •Windows OS •Basic Windows networks •Basic Exchange server •Citrix •Working in a Help Desk Environment •Microsoft Office Suite
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Other Manage basic IT process documentation. Must be able to document work and/or incidents using standard formats. Documentation must be grammatically correct, factually accurate, and appropriate to the target audience.
- Intermediate Other Provide Service Desk phone and email support as required. Resolve issues by phone or email if possible. Record all Service Desk incidents/requests in the ITSM tracking system.
- Intermediate Other Must be able to communicate technical information to management for review and approval both verbally and in writing.
- Intermediate Other Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and adhere to policies and standards.
- Intermediate Other Install, maintain, and configure desktop and laptop computer hardware, software, and peripherals, including researching vendor documentation to resolve problems
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Other At least one of the following certifications is preferred – more than one certification or advanced certifications are a plus: •A •Network •Citrix CCA •MCSA 2000 or 2003 •CCNA or CCDA •Basic Unix Administration •CompTIA
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft Outlook