LOCATION: Henderson Road, Tampa, FL
REPORTING TO: Director, Procurement
This position Leads the strategic sourcing activities for Information Technology spend categories such as Hardware, Maintenance, Client Services, Application Development & Maintenance and Software Licensing, with the goal of achieving significant initial cost reductions, while maintaining/improving product quality and supplier service levels. This successful candidate will work closely with key stakeholders to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans. The Category Management Specialist's primary responsibility is to partner with the Business partner to utilize strategic sourcing best practices to capture real savings while making effective supply base decisions. This includes direct savings captured through consolidating company-wide purchasing volume and applying operational and commercial TCO levers to reduce cost and managing contracts with suppliers.
- Develop and implement strategic category plans for technology including hardware, software, SaaS, Application Development and Maintenance (ADM)
- Perform spend analysis of IT categories and partner with the business to identify areas for supplier rationalization
- Develop strong relationships with IT leads, working with them to improve the strategic sourcing process and promote early engagement
Build and implement category management processes and system to support company's goals and mission statement relative to the sourcing and selection of strategic vendors providing goods/services to company.
Conduct RFX, RFP and e-auctions to drive cost savings
Negotiates pricing with vendors as a result of a sourcing event or tactical purchasing to achieve cost savings for IT; includes negotiates rate cards, software licensing, maintenance fees
Lead contract negotiations with vendors, working with Legal and the Business as appropriate to ensure contract terms aligned with company standards. Ensure appropriateness of contract revisions for IT contracts including in procurement contracts, professional services agreements, SaaS Agreements, Software License Agreements, Purchasing Agreements, purchase orders, and service level agreements. Ensure appropriateness of contract revisions to company approved contracting standards.
- Works closely with the business unit to develop detailed IT Service Level agreements.
Manages and controls the contractual relationship with vendors; manages vendor penalties and incentives.
- Interface, communicate with, and educate company's senior executives, directors, and managers in the performance of company's Contract Review Approval, and Execution Policy and Purchasing Procedures.
- Research, analyze, and track contractual financial obligations for accounting purposes.
- Compile, summarize and analyze data and facts regarding operations and other legal and business information as needed.
- Propose solutions to problems identified for discussion with senior executives, directors, and managers.
- Exercise a high level of autonomy with minimal oversight in the performance of complex responsibilities.
- Serves as the point of contact for both internal customers and vendors.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination or education and experience.
Experience: At least 5 years of experience in contract administration/procurement
Licenses/Certifications: Prefer advanced certification in legal, contracts, or procurement profession
Technical Skills/Requirements: Expert proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required. Intermediate experience using Microsoft PowerPoint and any contracts management system or procurement system preferred.