This position helps drive strategic transformation across the enterprise. In partnership with the Corporate Strategy department, Finance, and leaders across the enterprise, this role develops the strategic direction of WellCare and drives strategic projects and initiatives forward. The strategy department is highly visible and interacts frequently with CFO, other members of the executive leadership team, and the Board of Directors.
REPORTS TO: VP Corporate Strategy and Analytics
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- In support of WellCare's corporate strategy, drives strategic project initiatives and the execution of key project deliverables.
- Develops reports, prepares analysis, and designs confidential presentations for the annual strategic plan.
- Frames key messaging and/or points of view for strategic presentations to the leadership team.
- Conducts industry and competitive analysis.
- Identifies major risks facing the organization.
- Performs quantitative industry and financial analysis.
- Researches and recommends operational transformation initiatives.
- Oversees and reviews work prepared by business analysts and provides quality control over all corporate strategy reports and documents.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or a technical related field
- Preferred Other MBA, MPH, MHA, or graduate degree equivalent
- Required 3 years of experience in Full time work experience that demonstrates strong problem solving skills and the ability to perform complex qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Preferred Other Experience with a strategy consulting firm, investment bank, or corporate strategy organization
- Preferred Other Prior healthcare industry experience
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Other Ability to utilize functional and industry knowledge to identify and build solutions for complex enterprise issues
- Intermediate Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Advanced Ability to work as part of a team
- Advanced Ability to drive multiple projects
- Advanced Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information
- Advanced Other Ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas through engaging presentations
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Ability to work independently
- Advanced Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate Other Strong understanding of business processes and project management methodologies
- Advanced Demonstrated organizational skills
- Advanced Other Demonstrated analytical and research skills
- Intermediate Knowledge of healthcare delivery
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Advanced Microsoft Word
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Required Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Advanced Microsoft Outlook