The Sr Dir Medicare Strategic Initiatives serves as a critical resource in supporting, managing and driving strategic projects and initiatives for Medicare and Operations. The position will support senior management in executing business strategies.
Our ideal candidate has previous experience in a chief of staff role.
Reports to: EVP, Medicare and Operations
Location: Tampa, FL
- Directs the strategic planning process and establishes key processes.
- Monitors and manages key deliverables of the strategic plan.
- Builds strong cross-functional relationships with internal departments to implement business strategies.
- Provides project management for implementation of key initiatives and driving critical projects.
- Interacts closely with business leaders to carry out key projects and works directly with other senior leaders to drive successful completion of tactical and strategic initiatives.
- Consults, influences and presents to senior management at various levels in and across a wide variety of functions.
- Advises and makes recommendations to business leaders on key strategic and tactical decisions.
- Provides support for financial, sales and operation reporting and analysis.
- Ability to lead change and execute on business objectives through oversight and management of key stakeholders and owners.
Oversight of business performance across the shared services
Monthly review of the area KPIs, identification of trends and risks/opportunities
Coordinate and support the quarterly business review process
Maintain the follow-up/action item registry and work with functional leaders to complete
Liaison to the enterprise data/reporting team to prioritize KPI/dashboard development; analyzes and identifies outliers for further review
Collaborate with functional and market leaders to develop and refine the multi-year strategic planning process and output for: Enterprise Medicare and Local Market, Operations, Enterprise Network Performance, National Sales and Marketing, Collaborative Health Systems.
Develop consultant quality research, analytics and modeling on various business ideas or perspectives to support internal or external positioning.
Support the Medicare growth strategy through research and analytics to help define where the industry is heading and opportunities to be innovative and/or differentiated in the market place; develop modeling that supports optimal growth planning/expectation setting.
Directly support and represent the Executive Vice President on various projects and administrative responsibilities
Sponsor of the Operations/Medicare area associate satisfaction committee
Partner with corporate communications on development of executive level presentations and communications for townhalls, board presentations, newsletters, etc.
Drive specific performance improvement initiatives as assigned
- Required Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Required or equivalent work experience
- Preferred Master's Degree in a related field
- Required 10 years of experience in developing and implementing new business strategies
- Required 5 years of experience in working in a managed care environment
- Required Other Strong financial and analytical background
- Previous experience in an executive chief of staff role or lead consultant role preferred
- Advanced Demonstrated analytical skills
- Advanced Demonstrated organizational skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated leadership skills
- Intermediate Ability to drive multiple projects
- Intermediate Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Advanced Demonstrated project management skills
- Advanced Other Planning skills
- Advanced Other Consulting skills
- Intermediate Other Ability to work both strategically and tactically to accomplish objectives
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, required; proficiency in Project Manager and/or Access preferred
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Preferred Intermediate Other Project Manager and/or Microsoft Access