The Dir, Strategic Initiatives will serve as a critical resource in supporting, managing and driving strategic projects and initiatives for the area. The position will support senior management in executing business strategies.
Reports to: State President
Dept.: Executive Administrative
Location: Houston, TX
- Directs the strategic planning process and establishes key processes.
- Monitors and manages key deliverables of the strategic plan.
- Builds strong cross-functional relationships with internal departments to implement business strategies.
- Provides project management for implementation of key initiatives and driving critical projects.
- Interacts closely with business leaders to carry out key projects and works directly with other senior leaders to drive successful completion of tactical and strategic initiatives.
- Consults with and influences senior management at various levels in and across a wide variety of functions.
- Advises and makes recommendations to business leaders on key strategic and tactical decisions.
- Provides support for financial, sales and operation reporting and analysis.
- Ability to lead change and execute on business objectives through oversight and management of key stakeholders and owners.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Required or equivalent work experience
- Preferred Other Graduate degree a plus
- Required 7 years of experience in developing and implementing new business strategies
- Required 5 years of experience in working in a managed care environment
- Required Other Strong financial and analytical background
- Advanced Demonstrated analytical skills
- Advanced Demonstrated organizational skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated leadership skills
- Intermediate Ability to drive multiple projects
- Intermediate Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Advanced Demonstrated project management skills
- Advanced Other Planning skills
- Advanced Other Consulting skills
- Intermediate Other Ability to work both strategically and tactically to accomplish objectives
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Preferred Intermediate Other Project Manager and/or Microsoft Access