Provides clinical pharmacy direction for the state health plansincluding, but not limited to Medical Economics, Disease Management, Pharmacy,Utilization and Quality Management. Provides drug utilization review. Assistsin development of goals and objectives for the clinical pharmacy programswithin assigned market / region. Implements the requirements of the Plan'scontract with the state governing agency as it pertains to prescribed drugservices and other pharmacy related items for the Medicaid line of business.Assists with the development, presentation, and implementation of policies andprocedures consistent with the regulatory requirements of the contract.Oversees pharmacy utilization and produces informative reports to therespective markets in each region. Works directly with the respective MedicalDirector of each region along with the Medical Economics department to ensurecost effective management of both medical and pharmacy utilization as part ofthe Network Improvement Program (NIP). Assists in educating clinical pharmacistmanagers for the region providing information on clinical and trend issues.
- Implements and maintains the pharmacy benefit program for the State.
- Implements and maintains the NIP program specific to pharmacy utilization.
- Reviews prescribing practices on high utilizing physicians and intervenes as needed providing drug information on pharmacy
- Collaborates with pharmacy clinical programs department to support and represent WellCare quality initiatives to providers with the market / region such as RxEffect.
- Recommends changes in prescribing practices to improve quality and lower costs.
- Provides detailed claim analysis for over and underutilization.
- Reviews pharmacy data to look for savings opportunities.
- Provides clinical pharmacy support for Pharmacy, Disease Management programs, Quality and Utilization Management with an emphasis on Diabetes and asthma.
- Provides in service education to staff.
- Provides drug utilization reviews (DUR) as needed.
- Performs special duties as needed.
This position is contingent upon the bid award in the stateof Kansas to WellCare Health Plans, Inc.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy required.
- A Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) preferred.
- 7 years of experience in a licensed pharmacist role required.
- 3 years of management experience required.
- Experience in managed care required.
- Experience in pharmacy operations preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated written communication skills.
- Ability to use pharmaceutical and medical reference, literature to provide drug information to the health plan.
- Ability to evaluate information from both oral and written sources and develops clear, concise and crisp reports.
- Ability to influence internal and external constituents.
- Ability to evaluate financially the impact of drug products.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Licensed pharmacist in state of operation required.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Intermediate proficiency with a Healthcare Management System software.