Works closely with internal and external customers to provide a unique blend of customer service, technical knowledge and business analysis for critical information requests and metric analysis. Proactively analyzes trends and metrics to alert senior leadership of opportunities to improve business performance. Key role in problem identification and resolution. Position requires extensive knowledge of health plan operations and the systems that support them, including information system security and controls, program data transactions, and data exchanges.
- Acts as a liaison between Corporate Operations and the State President as it relates to government reporting and compliance.
- Ambassador for WellCare with various state agencies.
- Acts as a liaison for Regulatory issues surrounding any Operations area, including Claims, Call Center, Enrollment, etc.
- Investigates, initiates, and manages processes and cost saving improvement initiatives.
- Sets overall goals, performance standards, and operational priorities, and manages resources to operational goals and budget.
- Provides input into budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in planning and the implementation of programs and strategies.
- Acts in a liaison capacity with other areas, business units and state specific representatives.
- Ensures state contractual issues with respect to information management systems are identified and prioritized appropriately, and makes recommendations as needed to sustain and/or improve regional relationships.
This position is contingent upon the bid award in the state of New Hampshire to WellCare Health Plans, Inc.Education:
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related field is required.
- A Master's Degree in a related field is preferred.
- 7 years of experience in Health Plan Operations is required.
- 3 years of experience in IT management or Systems is required.
- Ability to positively influence key stakeholders across the organization to complete tasks under aggressive deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information.
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Facilitative skills; public speaking skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to travel by automobile, plane or other public transportation as necessary; able to travel domestically.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is required.