Provides facilitation, assessment, instructional design, teaching and monitoring of educational programs.
DEPARTMENT: Learning & Development
REPORTS TO: Manager, Learning & Development
Location: Phoenix, AZ
- Teaches, facilitates and assesses training programs for WellCare in office and remote settings.
- Assesses instructional materials including training manuals, teaching aids, self-paced study and performance evaluation tools and provides appropriate feedback to Instructional Designer and Manager.
- Employs a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices to ensure maximum effectiveness of training program.
- Conducts research for needs assessments and provides written complete detailed recommendations to Manager.
- Manages group dynamics through the use of “learner focused” environment and adult accelerated learning methods.
- Reviews all programs assigned and continuously ensures they meet the rigorous standards that are set forth.
- Produces professional presentations and training materials including facilitation guides, training aids, assessments, training activities and role play scenarios using MS Word, PowerPoint and other desktop publishing software.
- Responsible for associate development including coaching associates to perform effectively.
- Revises existing training materials and programs based on audit results, questionnaires, changing procedures and feedback from internal/ external customers, subject matter experts, program sponsors and trainers.
- Coordinates and organizes enrollment of students, assembles necessary program materials, decoration/setup of classroom, shopping for supplies, catering and other functions related to WellCare University.
- Schedules training programs and prepares training status reports, assessments and evaluation tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required a Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Required 2 years of experience in design and delivery of training programs using facilitation and communication skills, evaluation of learner needs, assessment of training programs and implementation of learning solutions for performance enhancement.
- Preferred experience in the following areas/competencies is advantageous: Government Programs, Medicare and Medicaid/Clinical practice in a hospital , clinic or other provider setting/Claims / Member Services / Health Services / Call Center / Sales / Provider Relations Training and development / Corporate University/ HMO, managed healthcare or Insurance professional/ Curriculum development specialist/ Team leader for groups of 25 or more/ On line training / Computer based learning professional/ Public speaker / seminar leader.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate ability to read large amounts of technical materials and extract key ideas for use in written / spoken lesson plans and programs.
A license in one of the following is preferred:
- Preferred Licensed Registered Nurse (RN)
- Preferred Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Preferred Licensed Certified Social Worker (LCSW)
- Required advanced Microsoft Word
- Required beginner Microsoft Excel
- Required advanced Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required advanced Microsoft Outlook
- Preferred intermediate SharePoint
- Preferred beginner Articulate
- Preferred advanced Adobe Acrobat
- Required intermediate skilled at conducting Internet research
- Preferred Bilingual English/Spanish