· High School diploma or GED equivalent minimum.
· Minimum of 2 years of long-term care or other relevant health care experience. 3-4 years desired.
· A Bachelor's Degree in Psychology/Social Work or other relevant discipline desired.
· Experience in working with special populations, such as HIV/AIDS, developmental disabilities, medically fragile children, geriatrics, persons with neurotrauma, and younger adults with physical disabilities desired.
· Managed care experience preferred.
· Licensure in the state of Hawaii as a licensed practical nurse (LPN) desired.
Special Skills (e.g. 2nd language):
· Advanced ability to communicate on any level required to meet the demands of the position.
· Ability to create, review and interpret treatment plans.
· Bi-lingual in English and any of the following languages preferred: Ilocano, Tagalog, Mandarin Chinese, or Korean a plus.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Knowledge of data entry, documentation and report generation in any clinical system a plus.
Other Position Requirements:
· Uses discretion and independent judgment when applying criteria in determining case management and service needs, and other matters of clinical significance.
· Collaborates with other licensed Service Coordinators on cases that require more intense clinical assessment.
· Performs complex administrative tasks closely guided by policy and past clinical practice.
· Works with organization RNs to complete 1147 level of care assessments.
· Makes decisions within the scope of the job, consistent with Plan/department policy and procedure.
· Assists in evaluating process improvements.
· Works independently, handles multiple assignments and prioritizes workload.
· Seeks help in managing workload, when appropriate.
· Demonstrates teamwork and negotiation skills.
· Communicates effectively in person and by phone
· Travels to member's location of residence as needed and uses a laptop computer to complete the HFA, initial care plan and documentation.