Manages the day-to-day activities of Service Coordinators. Ensures the case management process of assessing, planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring, and evaluating services and outcomes is pursued to maximize the health of the Member. Provides ongoing support and oversight to the assigned Service Coordination Department.
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, SERVICE COORDINATION
DEPARTMENT- HI- HEALTH SERVICES
POSITION LOCATION: KAPOLEI, HI
- Directs work assignments, measures results and initiates personnel actions as required.
- Manages and develops direct reports, which includes any subcontracted entities.
- Conducts performance evaluations, hires and makes termination decisions.
- Arranges and facilitates initial and ongoing Service Coordination training
- Provides ongoing consultation with Service Coordination staff and reviews caseloads on an ongoing basis, both through regular face-to-face supervision sessions and review of management reports and deadlines.
- Participate in member case conferences and other communications as necessary.
- Run and review Service Coordination reports generated for internal purposes and/or for submission to the state.
- Perform audits of assessments, care plans and service notes to verify cases are properly established and that member coordination activities are occurring and appropriately documented.
- Contact providers, agencies and other community-based organizations as necessary.
- Contacts members or their designees when a member requests a change in Service Coordinators or for other member concerns.
- Counsels Service Coordination staff as necessary.
- Coordinates activities of department to meet budget and deadlines and resolves conflicting demands.
- Participates in and provides oversight for process improvement initiatives.
- Ensures regulatory requirements and accreditation standards are applied to all review activities and reports.
- Creates, applies and utilizes policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or 5 years of related work experience is required
- Clinical background (Registered Nurse, Social Worker, or other health care professional
- 3 years of relevant healthcare experience (preferably in long-term care)
- Prior case management experience or Certified Case Manager (CCM) is preferred
- Experience working with/knowledge of Aged, Blind or Disabled Populations *LI-RG1