Facilitates business skills training and new hire and management orientation programs. Performs assessment of learners. Performs instructional design when necessary. Acts as a project lead on learning and development initiatives.
DEPARTMENT: Learning & Development
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Learning & Development
- Trains, facilitates and assesses training programs for WellCare in office and remote settings.
- Assesses, designs and develops instructional materials including training manuals, facilitation guides, teaching aids, assessments, training activities, role play scenarios, self-paced study and performance evaluation tools.
- Employs a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices to ensure maximum effectiveness of training program
- Conducts research for needs assessments and provides written complete detailed recommendations to Manager.
- Manages group dynamics through the use of “learner focused” environment and adult accelerated learning methods.
- Responsible for associate development including coaching associates to perform effectively
- Reviews all programs assigned and continuously ensures they meet the rigorous standards that are set forth.
- Produces professional presentations and training materials using MS Word, PowerPoint and other desktop publishing software.
- Revises existing training materials and programs based on audit results, questionnaires, changing procedures and feedback from internal/ external customers, subject matter experts, program sponsors and trainers.
- Coordinates and organizes enrollment of students, assembles necessary program materials, decoration/setup of classroom, shopping for supplies, catering and other functions related to WellCare University.
- Schedules training programs and prepares training status reports, assessments and evaluation tools.
- Leads and coordinates projects for the department.
- Responsible for training trainers and managers on new content.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required a Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Required 5 years of experience in design and delivery of training programs using strong facilitation and communication skills, evaluation of learner needs, assessment of training programs and implementation of learning solutions for performance enhancement.
- Preferred experience in the following areas/competencies is advantageous: Government Programs, Medicare and Medicaid/Clinical practice in a hospital, clinic or other provider setting/Claims / Member Services / Health Services / Call Center / Sales / Provider Relations Training and development / Corporate University/ HMO, managed health care or Insurance professional/ Curriculum development specialist/ Team leader for groups of 25 or more/ On line training / Computer based learning professional/ Public speaker / seminar leader
- Intermediate proficient in writing professional self-study books and scripted lessons
- Intermediate skilled as a facilitator, public speaker and/or seminar leader experience
- Required advanced Microsoft PowerPoint; Proficient in writing professional self-study books and scripted lessons
- Required advanced Microsoft Word; proficient in MS Office including Word and PowerPoint to produce medium to highly complex presentations
- Preferred intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required advanced Microsoft Outlook Proficient in MS Outlook and Internet research
- Preferred intermediate Articulate Experience in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat a plus
- Preferred intermediate Adobe Acrobate
- Preferred intermediate SharePoint
- Required advanced Internet research