Leads team of developers, responsible for the analysis, design, development, testing, and documentation of information management systems. Drives defining and maintaining development standards and development best practices, and will participate in and contribute to technical feasibility studies, business cases, proposals, and 3rd party assessments.
- Acts as principle contributor in obtaining business and technical requirements, GAP analysis, technical design, development and documentation of information systems using data transformation techniques to move the data between systems.
- Prepares detailed functional specifications, design models, and system work flows from which software applications will be developed and implemented.
- Provides leadership and facilitation in the definition and development of the technical solution concept, including vision, scope, and system architecture.
- As part of production support, supports, troubleshoots, and maintains production systems as required, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing timely follow-up on identified issues.
- Provides business support on data comparison as requested by the business.
- Defines and maintains WellCare Information Systems (IS) development standards and best practices.
- Supports, troubleshoots, and maintains production and ad-hoc reports as required, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing timely follow-up on identified issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Required or equivalent work experience Additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Required 5 years of experience in Data Engineer or similar technology ( SAS/ Java/ C#) related role.
- Required Other Internal candidate will require min 4 years of experience in data engineer or similar technology role
- Preferred experience with financial regulatory reporting.
- Preferred 2 years of experience in Healthcare ( Payer's side)
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to work as part of a team
- Intermediate Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Beginner Demonstrated project management skills
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Other Structured Programming Language (e.g., Java, Python, etc.) ( Based on the organization under EIM that they report to, this position needs one or more skills as "Required")
- Required Intermediate Other Database Design, Construction, Tuning and Query ( Greenplum, Hadoop) ( Based on the organization under EIM that they report to, this position needs one or more skills as "Required")
- Required Intermediate Other Data Cleansing and Transformation(Informatica PowerCenter, BDE, Data Quality, etc.) ( Based on the organization under EIM that they report to, this position needs one or more skills as "Required")
- Required Advanced Other Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Cognos, SAS, etc.)
- Required Intermediate Other Solution Design and Architecture
- Preferred Intermediate Other Master Data Management