The Senior Salesforce Engineer is accountable for the implementation of, or complex changes to, Salesforce applications. Review user specifications/requirements in order to complete the technical design, technical documentation, programming, and testing of changes which have been assigned to them. Resolve complex issues and/or defects which may be reported as a result of faults in the production system. Participate and contribute to technical feasibility studies, business cases, proposals, and the assessment of 3rd party applications/products.
- Prepares detailed functional specifications, design models, and system workflows from which Salesforce applications will be developed and implemented.
- Assist in the design and development of Salesforce enterprise applications making specific determinations about application performance, reliability, governance, licensing, and scalability.
- Responds promptly and professionally to requests for support in order to troubleshoot and/or maintain production applications.
- Conducts system analysis and development, with limited support, to keep information systems current with changing technologies.
- Responsible for analysis of current Salesforce application including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming.
- Responsible for developing new applications and proofing the applications to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product.
- Writes, edits, and debugs applications for assigned projects, including necessary records and desired output.
- Tests new or enhanced applications to ensure logic and syntax are correct. document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the application, special instructions, and any changes made in custom or standard objects or other Salesforce metadata elements.
- Responsible for planning, processing, and performing all jobs/tasks in an efficient manner with little assistance from manager.
- Maintains and contributes towards WellCare IT development standards and best practices
- Transfer knowledge to other members of the application development team.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or like discipline
- Required or equivalent work experience 2 additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Required 5 years of experience in the development, implementation, and maintenance of enterprise Salesforce applications with integrations into 3rd party systems.
- Preferred understanding of Apex, Visualforce, SLDS (Salesforce Lightning Design System), Java, Java script, and CSS
- Preferred expertise in the use of structured, component based, and object oriented systems analysis, design, development tools, and techniques
- Preferred database design, development, and normalization on the Salesforce platform and with PostgreSQL on the Heroku platform
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Demonstrated analytical skills
- Advanced Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Advanced Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Advanced Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Advanced Other Specific technologies listed below are required based on assigned function/area (2 years exp required)
- Required Advanced Salesforce
- Required Advanced Apex
- Required Advanced Visualforce
- Required Advanced Java Script
- Required Advanced CSS
- Required Advanced SQL