Provides the clinical services department with future assessment, facilitation, teaching, monitoring educational programs and performance improvement. Provides guidance to other clinical services specialists.
Reports to: Manager, Case Management
Location: St. Louis or Columbia, Missouri
Dept: Health Services
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Trains, facilitates, assesses, and develops training programs for the clinical services department and clinical programs and staff.
- Leads in the assessment, implementation and evaluation of instructional materials including training manuals, teaching aids, self-paced study and performance evaluation tools, in conjunction with the clinical services department.
- Conducts research for needs assessments and provides written complete detailed recommendations to the Department Director.
- Mentors group dynamics to preceptors through the use of "learner focused" environment and adult accelerated learning methods.
- Develops and conducts audits to identify training needs, assess staff compliance with contractual requirements, and opportunities for performance improvement for the clinical services department
- Reviews all programs assigned and continuously ensure they meet the rigorous standards that are set forth by WellCare's clinical services department.
- Revises existing training materials and programs based on audit results, questionnaires, changing procedures and feedback from internal/ external customers, subject matter experts, program sponsors and trainers.
- Oversees the enrollment of students, assemble necessary program materials, maintain staff attendance forms, provide reports and observations back to associate supervisor, manager or director.
- Assists clinical services director with tasks as required.
- Assess the "job fit" of students during training and immediately report non-progress directly to associate supervisor, manager, or director.
- Receives broad guidance and delegated authority from HS Dir, Training.
- Performs special projects as needed.
- Preferred A Bachelor's Degree in BSN or higher
- Preferred Other Formal training in adult learning principles preferred (college level classes, or advanced certification training
- Required A High School or GED
- Required 3 years of experience in clinical practice in a hospital, clinic or other provider setting
- Required 2 years of experience in managed care or case management role
- Preferred Other Experience with Government Programs, Medicare and Medicaid
- Preferred 3 years of experience in making presentations to groups of 5 or more
- Preferred Other Direct training experience with member services, claims, customer service, call center and/or health management organization
- Preferred Other Experience in the following areas/competencies is advantageous: Claims / Member Services / Health Services / Call Center / Sales / Provider Relations Training and development / Corporate University/ HMO, managed healthcare or Insurance professional/ Curriculum development specialist/ Team leader for groups of 25 or more/ Online training / Computer based learning professional/ Public speaker / seminar leader
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Demonstrated written communication skills
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Ability to work independently Strong ability to work independently with little direction
- Intermediate Other Ability to solicit creative ways to improve upon curriculum materials and programs
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Other At least one of the certifications below is required At least one of the licenses/certifications listed is required
- Required Licensed Registered Nurse (RN)
- Required Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Required Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Required Licensed Marital and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Required Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- Required Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint Ability to learn company approved software and other industry software in order to perform job duties
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Other Ability to learn company approved software and other industry software in order to perform job duties