Reports to: Director, Risk & Safety Management
Location: Henderson Rd (Tampa, FL)
Provides analytical skills used in the placement of all insurance and surety bonds for the corporation. Actively involved in renewal negotiations and presentations to senior management. Has strong understanding of company safety initiatives. Works diligently to drive down total cost of risk.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Develops and maintains excellent relationship with insurance carriers, brokers, and internal subject matter experts to ensure successful and timely renewals.
- Reviews insurance policy language for coverage gaps/opportunities.
- Works closely with legal, procurement / credentialing on hold harmless indemnification contract language.
- Analyzes quarterly worker's compensation KPI & advises on loss trends, forecasts, premiums, and retentions.
- Participates in RFP new business, re-procurement, and M&A integration.
- Communicates with management on budgetary needs and raises red flags for any adverse insurance obligations.
- Develops training platforms to promote safety and works closely with Director on emergency preparedness team initiatives.
- Meets all compliance obligations in addition to Risk Management policies and procedures.
- Works with internal departments on various process improvement initiatives to promote greater efficiency.
- Provides coverage for Director of Risk & Safety during absences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field Risk Management, Business or related field
- Required or equivalent work experience 2 additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Required 5 years of experience in Cross-functional knowledge of insurance coverage lines, vendor contracts and / or claim litigation background
- Required Other Technical insurance background
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information
- Intermediate Ability to multi-task
- Advanced Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Intermediate Ability to influence internal and external constituents
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Other ability to make decisions independently with little direction
- Intermediate Other ability to create pivot tables, charts, graphs, slicers
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Other RMS Certifications
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Access
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook