LOCATION: Henderson Road, Tampa, FL
REPORTING TO: VP & Corporate Controller
***Position is required to be located in Tampa, FL***
This leadership position is primarily responsible for planning and directing the enterprise-wide, multi-billion dollar Medicaid revenue recognition, reconciliation and analysis activities as well as Medicare & Medicaid member premium accounts receivable management and cash applications. This is a highly visible role in a complex and ever-changing environment.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Directs, plans and executes the Medicaid Revenue Recognition finance department including ensuring that all that all premium revenue and supplemental premium payments are recorded accurately and in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Directs processes and procedures for Medicaid member-to-premium reconciliations and analytics for each State.
- Review, interpret and develop revenue requirements as released by the State regulators, including the billing, accounts receivable and cash application of supplemental premium payments.
- Work collaboratively with regional management, Accounting, Actuarial, Billing, Medical Economics, and Information Technology to understand and gather the financial data required to recognize appropriate revenue.
- Directs Medicaid and Medicare member premium cash applications and accounts receivable management.
- Leads and implements best practices for key stakeholders to mitigate risk to WellCare.
- Proactively evaluates the government reimbursement process to determine areas of risk and opportunity and provide senior management with necessary updates and/or strategic recommendations.
- Provides ad-hoc analysis for senior management.
- Manages and develops cross functional teams, including direct reports who include other management or supervisory personnel as well as exempt and non-exempt individual contributors.
- Plans, conducts and directs work on complex projects/programs necessitating the origination and application of new and unique approaches.
- Develops strategies and ensures maximum efficiencies in utilization of human, information technology and financial resources.
- Ensures corporate initiatives are implemented to achieve optimum results.
- Additional projects as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting; or other equivalent operational experience
- Preferred A Master's Degree in a related field
- Required 10 years of management experience
- Required 8 years of experience in Healthcare financial management experience
- Required Other Experience managing large project rollouts and integrations
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Advanced Ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records
- Advanced Ability to analyze information and convert related activities into a comprehensive work plan
- Advanced Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Advanced Ability to lead/manage others in a matrixed environment
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Demonstrated leadership skills
- Advanced Ability to drive multiple projects
- Advanced Demonstrated analytical skills
- Advanced Demonstrated problem solving skills
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Advanced Financial Management Systems (Generic)