Under minimal supervision , maintains administers and installs client workstations, services applications, and printers in accordance with standard Information Technology policies, processes and procedures.
Responds to Service Desk requests and performs level two diagnostics on client workstations, applications and printers
Travels up to 50% of the time to support multiple satellite offices for desktop, application, network and telecommunications hardware and services.
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Manager, IT Service Desk
- Troubleshoot and repair telecommunications equipment including adds, moves and changes at all sites in the supported region.
- Performs basic level problem management on network equipment to include deployment activities for any Change Control in the supported region.
- Support all Cisco software and NEC software on the teleco-Network platforms where it pertains to the desktops.
- Provides level two diagnostics of Windows and Citrix Client issues including operating systems, devices, services, printing, network issues and client application issues (i.e. Outlook, Office, and line of business apps).
- Administer add, delete, change of Windows 2003/Win 7 network, Exchange 2003/2007 email, fax, VPN and Citrix remote access accounts along with other network resources, services and applications.
- Responds to alerts or emergency issues within 15 minutes during normal business hours and when on call.
- Contribute to the team metrics by completing all tasks on schedule.
- Associate's degree from a college, university or technical school in information systems or information technology or related field, or equivalent experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in information systems or information technology is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in an IT help desk level 1 or level 2 role. maintaining and diagnosing client workstations, services, applications and printers.
- Experience in no less than four of the following is required:
Windows XP Pro/Win 7
Basic Windows 2003/Win 7 networks
Basic Exchange 2003/2007 server
Citrix Metaframe XPE ICA and Web Clients
Working in a Help Desk Environment
Microsoft Office Suite 2003/2007
- At least one of the following certifications are required, more than one certification or advanced certifications are preferred:
CCNA or CCDA
Basic Unix Administration
MCSE, MCSD, MCP
- Proficiency in client end user technical support and knowledge of all Microsoft products, specifically operating systems and Office products.
- Understanding of Telephony and VOIP architecture.