LOCATION: NY, NJ, KY or possible Remote
REPORTING TO: VP, Medicaid CFO
Responsible for executive leadership over financial activities for the assigned state or region including strategic financial and business planning, forecasting and medical trend analysis. Supports corporate and market leaders in the execution of key deliverables.
- Builds, develops and directs staff capable of carrying out company initiatives
- Oversees and manages financial functions including driving and oversight for MEI’s (Medical Expense Initiatives), , planning, budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis in assigned states or region(s).
- Directs the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets
- Work closely with the Region President and or lead of each state to insure continuous financial improvement
- Provides executive project management for implementation of key initiatives (e.g. MEIs) and drives critical projects from conception, through implementation and execution.
- Builds strong cross-functional relationships with internal (market and corporate) departments to implement financial business strategies and imperatives.
- Performs strategic planning and annual forecasting activities for assigned region or market. Accountable for assessing market dynamics, competitive position and financial performance.
- Makes financial presentations at quarterly meetings.
- Develops and implements key components of business strategy
- Develops new models and processes to meet future business needs
- Establishes reporting systems and controls to ensure compliance with company requirements
- Recommends, develops, and aligns policies and procedures with company objectives
- Provides problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Recommends and leads improvement processes and initiatives
- Powerful leadership skills with a vision and understanding of the future and subsequent changes required to meet business needs
- Educate and mentor staff across assigned states or region(s).
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Preferred A Master's Degree in a related field
- Required 10 years of experience in Financial management, strategic planning, or financial analysis
- Preferred Other Managed Care Prior Experience
- Preferred Other Big Four Public Accounting Experience
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information
- Advanced Demonstrated written communication skills
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Demonstrated organizational skills
- Advanced Other Powerful leadership skills with a vision and understanding of the future and subsequent changes required to meet business needs
- Advanced Other Ability to be extremely organized, disciplined, hand’s on, and process oriented leader who is not afraid of digging into details
- Advanced Other Ability to have a "failure is not an option" mentality
- Advanced Other Demonstrated proactive management style
- Advanced Other Strong business acumen, intelligence, and capacity; ability to think strategically and implement tactically
- Advanced Other Problem solves and approaches work from a "return on investment" perspective
- Advanced Other Ability to work in a matrixed reporting environment
- Advanced Other Ability to work in a high energy, fast paced, and data driven environment
- Advanced Other Ability to be highly flexible regarding schedules, priority shifts
- Advanced Other Ability to think creatively and out of the box
- Advanced Other Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Advanced Other In-depth functional knowledge, broad based multi-functional knowledge
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Advanced Other Knowledge of and/or ability to utilize COGNOS for budgetary decisions or review