Conducts research, performs analysis, and provides support to area leaders and business units in evaluating and establishing corporate positions on key public policy initiatives. Supports the business leaders operating in or considering opportunities in the areas of Long Term Care and Medicare Advantage including Special Needs Plans.
Reports to: VP, Public Policy & Gov't Aff
Position Location: Washington, DC
- Researches and keeps abreast of the impact of state and federal policy initiatives impacting key products and opportunities.
- Assists in the research and development of policy positions to support market expansion initiatives.
- Assists in developing policy papers, issue briefs, power points and talking points on public policy issues for internal and external audiences including the WellCare government affairs team, key business owners and policy makers.
- Identifies, summarizes, and analyzes significant and complex issues raised by legislative and executive activity at the state and federal level.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains electronic library of key topics and Sharepoint site.
- Project management.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field or a health discipline, Public Policy, Public Administration.
- Preferred A Master's Degree in a related field
- Required 3 years of experience in progressively responsible policy research, development, and writing (experience may be acquired through internships worked throughout a 3 year period).
- Required 1 year of experience in health care policy and research (experience may be acquired through internships worked throughout a 1 year period).
Licenses and Certifications: