LOCATION: W. Idlewild Avenue, Tampa, FL 33634
DEPARTMENT: Operations – Provider Communications
REPORTING TO: Supervisor, Operations
Position is primarily responsible for answering escalated claim adjustment requests and resolving issues received through transferred provider phone calls, customer service management and miscellaneous special project work. Acts as a subject matter expert and handles more complex provider issues.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Answers CSR claim inquiries via live transfer and resolves issues real time.
- Thoroughly researches post payment claims and takes appropriate action to resolve them within turnaround time requirements and quality standards.
- Acts as a liaison between internal departments on data gathering and problem solving while investigating problems of an unusual nature in the area of responsibility. Presents proposed solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Processes claim adjustment request in Peradigm Queue routing system and provides appropriate level of coaching, analysis and resolution to CSR or Provider.
- Assists team members often guiding them to the appropriate resolution of more complex and difficult cases.
- Identify root cause issues to ensure enterprise solutions and communicate findings as needed.
- Utilize Customer service skills to create a high-quality customer experience, as reflected through Provider feedback, quality monitors and payment accuracy.
- Assist in education of Providers as it relates to claims processing.
- Resolve critical errors as it relates to rejections, coding denials, claims processing and pricing.
- Adhere to call metric and handle times to ensure in meeting Service level goals are met.
- Assists with special projects as assigned or directed.
- Required A High School or GED
- Required or equivalent work experience
- Required 3 years of experience in a claims, customer service or health insurance environment
- Preferred Other Previous experience in a healthcare environment
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management
- Intermediate Ability to work as part of a team
- Intermediate Other Ability to follow direction
A license in one of the following is required: