Full Job Title: Sr. Manager, Provider Relations
Job Number: 1701471
Location: Columbia, SC
Date Posted: 3-31-2017
Plans and directs activities in the Provider Relations functions. Produces revenue for the corporation through the effective coaching and developing of Representatives to build relationships and manage the accounts of their Providers.
• Leads and develops a team of Provider Relations Reps.
• Conducts and directs provider service functions.
• Performs data analysis and develops specific actions to manage medical cost trend.
• Actions have impact upon multiple functional areas.
• Brings resources together in creative ways.
• Conducts ride-alongs with Reps in the field to develop skills and behaviors and document progress/provide formative feedback through timely and consistent Field Trip Reports.
• Ensures adherence to contractual obligations and to regulatory requirements.
• Analyzes the provider network for trending issues involving provider access, satisfaction and process improvement.
• Assists in developing practices to assist risk partners in managing financial risk. Identifies areas to improve provider service levels.
• Educates/enhances relationships within the provider community.
• Performs strategic planning for membership growth, retention, and to affect sophisticated or complex provider relationships.
• Provides training, mentoring and guidance to new managers.
• Special projects as assigned or directed.