Manages behavioral health provider network within a specific geographic area by developing and maintaining relationships to drive business results. This position is responsible for the field service and ongoing education and training of Missouri Care Behavioral Health providers within an assigned territory. Serve as a provider advocate and work, as needed, to assure providers receive necessary assistance and maintain satisfaction with Missouri Care. Work with the clinical and operational departments to execute provider relations strategy and achieve company targets.
Department: Provider Relations
Reports to: Dir, Provider Relations
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Completes new provider orientation for all applicable product lines.
- Conducts site visits to service providers to provides education on policies and initiatives, resolve issues, educate staff/providers on policies, collect credentialing information and review HEDIS information. Addresses RxEffect, P4P, Medical Home, Cultural Competency, FWA, open/closed panels, ADA, PaySpan, ER overuse, et al.
- Achieves frequency goals to establish consistent and strong relationship with provider offices.
- Partners with local and national ancillary for appropriate vendor management and coordinates the transition of the delegated providers following a network termination.
- Provides oversight on claims issues. Follows up with providers accordingly.
- Monitors and supports providers using utilization reports, pharmacy profiles, ER contingencies, Frequent Flier Reports and other analytics available to improve and maintain regions.
- Understands and explains fee-for-service and risk contracts, and provides reporting on provider and/or Service Fund performance.
- Proactively strategies for membership growth and retention, through advanced communication to providers, as well as follow-up to gauge the response to that growth.
- Partners with Network Development to identify network gaps and suggests additional providers for recruitment to ensure network adequacy.
- Ensures contract SLA's are met, such as meeting with PCP's and Specialists on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis to address provider panels, after hour's availability and EMR meaningful use.
- Maintains provider data integrity including monitoring provider credentialing, location additions, demographic updates, and terminations.
- Partners with finance to identify Medical Expense Initiatives to take actions necessary to successfully complete those initiatives, and assess progress on achieving financial goals.
- Provides continual training to assigned providers on wellcare.com portal and other resources to assist with claims, authorizations, member benefits, etc.
- Provides oversight of delegated functions, as applicable.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Required 1 year of experience in a Provider Relations, Customer Service or relevant position with demonstrated ability to perform the duties of the position
- Preferred Other Experience working in a Pharmacy, healthcare, provider or HMO/PPO environment
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated organizational skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated analytical skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated customer service skills
- Intermediate Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Intermediate Ability to work independently
- Intermediate Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Intermediate Ability to multi-task
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint