Department: Business Development
Reports to: Sr. Dir, Business Development
Location: Tampa, FL
Has primary responsibility for working with Subject Matter Experts to develop and write content for Medicaid managed care proposals in response to state RFPs/RFAs/RFQs/RFIs.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Partners with manager to review and analyze RFIs/RFAs/RFPs to understand requirements.
- Leverages content of proposal response database, supplemented with input from subject matter experts (SMEs) to formulate targeted and customized responses to each question.
- Participates in SME interviews as needed to validate existing content, gather new or supplemental content, and stay abreast of changes in the business's operations.
- Creates proposal drafts that are factual and technically accurate, that speak with a single and consistent voice, and that are effectively structured and laid out for ease of reading and visual appeal. Incorporates compelling proof points (e.g. tables, diagrams, testimonials, references, etc.) that substantiate the key messages, and makes clear what differentiates us from the competition.
- Performs proofing, editing and document design/layout.
- Adds to proposal database in collaboration with the manager and other team members to ensure it remains current.
- Maintains business and technical knowledge of WellCare's products, programs, services, policies, and systems.
- Beyond proposal development, works with manager to write, edit and/or produce presentations for business development team with a focus on materials provided to potential customers evaluating WellCare's capabilities.
- Proactively engages in continuous improvement to improve on written communication based on internal and external feedback.
- Conducts internal and external research to support response development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Writing/Communications, Journalism, Business Administration or related field.
- Required 3 years of experience in written communication as it relates to RFI/RFP responses, grant writing, journalism, public relations or public affairs
- Preferred Other Managed care experience
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Ability to multi-task
- Intermediate Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Intermediate Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to work independently
- Intermediate Ability to work as part of a team
- Intermediate Ability to analyze information and covert related activities into a comprehensive work plan
- Intermediate Ability to proof large bodies of materials
- Intermediate Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Intermediate Other Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Advanced Other Strong technical writing skills to support potential customer request such as white paper development
- Intermediate Other Ability to synthesize information related to operations/functional areas and discern the appropriate representation
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Advanced Microsoft Word
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Required Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Advanced Microsoft Access
- Required Advanced Microsoft Project
- Required Advanced Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Other Experience with proposal/content databases