Department: Business Development
Reports to: Sr. Dir, Business Development
Location: Tampa, FL
Provides leadership and oversight of the business development team through the management of written responses to request for proposals (RFPs), request for applications (RFAs), request for information (RFI) and other similar types of procurement requests for government-sponsored health plans. Oversees proposal team to ensure high quality, appropriate and compliant written responses. Develops and manages a library of content used in the creation of responses. Continuously refines, updates, supplements and sunsets content as the business evolves to ensure the most comprehensive and up to date information possible is quickly and readily available including; narratives, schematics, diagrams, testimonials, qualitative and quantitative outcomes, etc.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Reviews RFPs, RFAs, RFIs, etc. for contractual and response requirements and works in close partnership with the VP and Sr. Director of Business Development and field business development leads to establish key win themes.
- Collaborates on the strategy to be used for the development of narrative responses and helps writers outline appropriate structure, approach and content for each section.
- Reviews writers' draft responses to ensure responses convey clear and compliant messaging, and to ensure writers are applying company's style and writing guidelines.
- Participates in SME meetings/interviews as needed to validate response content, gather new or supplemental content, etc. and provides direction as appropriate.
- Participates in draft review meetings, documents actions and assists writers in completing necessary follow-ups and changes from leadership review.
- Ensures each proposal speaks with a single and consistent voice, is effectively structured and laid out for ease of reading and visual appeal, incorporates proof points (e.g. tables, diagrams, testimonials, references, etc.) to substantiate the key messages, and makes clear what differentiates us from the competition.
- Ensures accuracy of material through research and review of RFP preparation materials. Escalates concerns to key stakeholders regarding content that may require additional review.
- Creates, manages and distributes resources that help writers apply company style and writing standards to ensure consistency in copy and design (i.e., Style Guide).
- Proactively develops and maintains a database of proposal responses that reflects WellCare's most current and up-to-date capabilities.
- Coordinates and facilitates writers' meetings for special projects and assignments.
- Identifies process development opportunities and assists in implementation of best practices for the writing team.
- In partnership with department leadership, determines resource management (including writing assignments), distribution of work, recruiting, staff training, and performance input.
- Directly manages staff writers and schedules and leads writing team meetings, assigns tasks, summarize and distribute meeting notes and action items as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in English, journalism, communications, business administration or related field
- Required or equivalent work experience
- Required 7 years of experience in Communications, writing, proposal writing, technical writing, journalism, or public affairs
- Required 5 years of management experience leading or managing people
- Preferred Other health industry, managed care or Medicaid
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Demonstrated analytical skills
- Advanced Ability to analyze information and covert related activities into a comprehensive work plan
- Advanced Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Advanced Other Ability to present ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Advanced Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Advanced Demonstrated written communication skills
- Advanced Ability to proof large bodies of materials
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to drive multiple projects
- Advanced Ability to work as part of a team
- Intermediate Ability to implement process improvements
- Intermediate Demonstrated leadership skills
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Advanced Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Adobe Acrobate