LOCATION: Henderson Road, Tampa, FL
REPORTING TO: Senior Director, Integration Solutions
Responsible for all aspects of the planning and delivery of strategic programs. Manages initiatives through advanced skills in project management and strong organizational relationships. Provides leadership and direction to matrixed teams to ensure the successful completion of complex enterprise programs.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Responsible for the delivery of strategic initiatives. Works with leadership to ensure the program strategy meets the business objectives. Oversees all aspects of program planning, management and execution (scope, schedule and budget). Responsible for creating comprehensive project timelines including sign-off from all workstreams. Ensures the project team creates and maintains appropriate deliverables while following WellCare standards and best practices.
- Serves as the first escalation point for project issues and risks. Works directly with the project teams to resolve issues and create risk mitigation plans. Responsible for escalating well-formulated issues and risks to leadership. Can effectively communicate business and technology issues and solutions.
- Drives program-level reporting to increase visibility and proactive monitoring of the program performance. Responsible for reporting program progress to all levels of the organization.
- Responds timely to internal or external audit inquiries. Works to ensure all audit findings are appropriately documented and re-mediated.
- Responsible for proactive management in areas such as risks, budget/forecast, dependencies, etc. Prepares strategic analysis of potential business and/or operational opportunities as needed.
- Leads budget creation and management with business, technology and finance leadership. Responsible for updated actuals and forecasts.
- Responsible for leading cross-functional teams, internal and external, through all phases of the project lifecycle to achieve project objectives. Encourages collaboration and ensures that all view points are represented and explored. Builds effective working relationships with the business and IT while holding team members accountable. Works to become a valued partner with the business and IT.
- Works with IT to ensure solutions are thoroughly vetted and meet business needs.
- Participates in negotiation of contracts and contractual changes and coordinates preparations of proposals, plans, specifications, and financial conditions of vendor contracts where appropriate.
- May oversee the activities of one or more project managers and or project analyst, typically in a matrix managed structure. Coaches other team members on the project management process and best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Preferred A Master's Degree in a related field
- Required 8 years of experience in Progressive responsibilities in project management
- Required 4 years of experience in Budget management including forecasting, earned value management, and burn rate
- Preferred Other Healthcare or Managed Care experience
- Preferred Other Information Technology
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Demonstrated analytical skills
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated leadership skills
- Advanced Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information
- Intermediate Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Intermediate Ability to multi-task
- Advanced Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Advanced Ability to analyze information and covert related activities into a comprehensive work plan
- Intermediate Ability to implement process improvements
- Advanced Ability to proof large bodies of materials
- Advanced Ability to drive multiple projects
- Advanced Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Advanced Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Advanced Ability to lead/manage others in a matrixed environment
- Intermediate Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Advanced Demonstrated organizational skills
- Advanced Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Advanced Demonstrated project management skills
- Advanced Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Advanced Demonstrated customer service skills
- Intermediate Other Understanding of managed care and its place in the health care industry.
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Advanced Microsoft Project
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Visio
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Advanced Other Experience in project management tools like Project Server, Clarity, Planview, or similar.