Location: Henderson Rd, Tampa, FL 33634 or Remote (WFH)
Department: Operations - Product Development
Reports to: Director, Product
Manages the development and management of Medicaid, Medicare, Part D and/or products, including the identification, evaluation, design, and rollout of new product offerings and product enhancements. Works through the organization as a product champion to measure and optimize product performance.
- Serves as a product subject matter expert (SME), understanding all aspects of the product benefit design, administration, regulation (state and federal, as applicable), marketing requirements/restrictions, materials/communications, related financials, competitive landscape, etc.
- Prepares strategic analysis of potential business and/or operational opportunities, including geographic expansion and new products.
- Gathers and analyzes product intelligence, including key competitors, market trends, and industry innovations.
- Drives the benefit design/product development process in coordination with Actuarial Services, National Contracting/Ancillary, Finance, and local market leadership., and other identified business partners.
- Manages multiple product-related projects from end-to-end, including developing project plans, establishing deliverables and timelines, assigning responsibilities, facilitating meetings with impacted teams, holding team members accountable, and providing status reports.
- Promotes product information to cross-functional teams to ensure each impacted area understands how the product functions and any related nuances.
- Supports cross-functional teams with the necessary product knowledge and operational expertise to help achieve product-related goals for development, implementation, management, and growth of the product.
- Helps with the development of training tools to support product design, regulatory filing, training, and execution.
- Champions product performance excellence by active monitoring of product’s performance, identifying issues and process improvements (financial, regulatory, and/or operational in nature) and working cross-functionally to assess impact, develop a remediation plan, and execute the plan.
- Represents the team/department in cross-functional meetings and to external customers/business partners.
- Provides product-related status reporting to management and stakeholders on a routine and ad hoc basis.
- Supports the creation and maintenance of department/team policies and procedures.
- Supports manager with the training and professional development of team members.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in a related field; or an additional 2 years of experience leading and/or supporting projects in healthcare and/or health insurance
- Required: 6 years of experience in leading projects in the following areas: Benefit Design, Benefit Management and/or Administration, Marketing and Sales, Strategic Planning, Product Management, Marketing Management, and/or Project Management.
- Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Ability to create appropriate presentations based on audience needs
- Ability to drive multiple projects
- Ability to implement process improvements
- Ability to influence internal and external constituents
- Ability to lead/manage others in a matrixed environment
- Ability to proof large bodies of materials
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to prioritize, delegate, assess risk and make recommendations.
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Knowledge of project planning software sufficient to document project steps and report progress