LOCATION: Henderson Road, Tampa, FL
REPORTING TO: VP, FP&A
Partners with the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and with leaders across the Population Health Services Organization (PHS) to provide financial oversight and thought leadership in support of all business strategies and goals. Assumes financial responsibility for financial forecasting, planning, and analysis in partnership with the CMO and team. Works closely with Finance leadership, market leadership, and executive team members to ensure the PHS achieves all budgeted goals and metrics.
- Provides direction and oversight to ensure the PHS strategic financial plan is translated into tactical goals and objectives that guarantee performance objectives are met or exceeded.
- Monitors and analyzes the PHS financial condition and performance and partners with the CMO and her/his staff to address emerging variances and issues.
- Partners with CMO to own the PHS financial performance on an annual basis. Takes appropriate actions to manage expenses and leverage resources.
- Partners with the CMO’s leadership team, market leadership, financial leadership, and other executives to ensure the financial goals, interests, and commitments of the PHS are met.
- Directs and manages all aspects of Financial Forecasting, Planning and Analysis related to, but limited to, operating budget, annual and multi-year and strategic planning, performance management and reporting, revised forecasting, monthly financial reporting, operational and administrative trend and variance analysis, sound budgeting and monitoring practices and financial analysis of performance for all divisions within the PHS and in aggregate.
- Develop, review and validate annual business plans, financial forecasts and ad hoc financial analysis.
- Drive the development, monitoring, and achievement of all Medical Expense Initiatives (MEIs) owned by the PHS as part of the company’s overall MEI agenda. This includes any required reporting and analytics to inform initiative owners of performance and needs for improvement.
- Leads organizational development activities that develop and foster strong working relationships among the members of the management team. Builds and promotes the culture of the health plan.
- Drives the development and implementation of long-range plans, goals, and objectives. Directs and coordinates a broad range of activities and functions to ensure effective operations and the achievement of organizational objectives.
- Establishes formal and informal mechanisms to promote and maintain credibility, competence, and a positive corporate image by exhibiting strong communication with internal partners, providers, members and committees.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field Finance, Accounting, Business administration or related field
- Preferred A Master's Degree in business administration, finance, health care administration or a related field
- Required 5 years of experience in progressive related business management experience in high-impact executive roles with profit and loss accountability
- Required 5 years of management experience
- Required 5 years of experience in Decision support, forecasting and analysis, and in the development of operating and capital budgets
- Required Other Strong experience with managed care finance and analytics
- Required Other Strong experience engaging external constituents to identify mutual goals, develop solutions, make decisions, and achieve desired outcomes
- Required Other Strong experience fostering relationships in a matrixed organization and with all levels of associates, including Senior Executive leadership
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Demonstrated leadership skills
- Advanced Ability to influence internal and external constituents
- Advanced Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records
- Advanced Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Advanced Demonstrated written communication skills
- Advanced Demonstrated organizational skills
- Advanced Ability to lead/manage others in a matrixed environment
- Advanced Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Advanced Knowledge of healthcare delivery
- Advanced Other Ability to provide proactive approach and support to emerging business activities established to remain competitive in the marketplace
- Advanced Knowledge of community, state and federal laws and resources
- Advanced Other Ability to motivate executives to achieve agreed-upon results
- Advanced Other Proven ability to affect change and meet business goals, monitor progress and take corrective actions when necessary
- Advanced Other Strong business acumen, intelligence and capacity. Thinks strategically and implements tactically
- Advanced Other Thinks creatively and out of the box with the ability to position the organization for the future, looking beyond the present situation to conceptualize key trends and identify changing market demands
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Other Knowledge of and/or ability to utilize COGNOS for budgetary decisions or review