Reports to: Manager, Specialty Pharmacy
Location: 4110 George Road, Tampa FL 33634
Under the supervision of a specialty pharmacist, assists in accurately inputting and fulfilling specialty drug orders, making and receiving outbound and inbound calls, processing timely refills, and maintaining current patient records.
Additional Responsibilities: Candidate Education:
- Input new patient demographics and prescription data information into the pharmacy processing system.
- Adjudicate third party claims and resolve rejections by coordinating with health plans and providers when necessary.
- Following protocols for sterile and safe fulfillment practices and under the supervision of a specialty pharmacist; mix pharmaceutical preparations, fill bottles with prescribed tablets and capsules, prepare drug labels, and clean equipment using proper methods.
- Maintain an organized, clean and appropriately stocked/equipped work space to ensure a continued and efficient productivity.
- Answers/conducts inbound and outbound phone calls, identify medical issues and refer to pharmacists when necessary.
- Receive, update and stock incoming inventory.
- Place periodic inventory reorders through various vendors and manufacturers, and establish and maintain appropriate inventory levels (PAR) for all new items.
- Monitor the transit of all shipped packages and take timely actions to resolve all exceptions encountered.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of specialty medications and their best handling practices (e.g. stability conditions, common ship-to locations based on therapy types, when to look out for concomitant medications, etc.).
- Enroll patients into specialty clinical programs.
- Capture clinical data and input into various databases.
- Perform regular and comprehensive patient chart reviews (both paper and electronic) to ensure accuracy and completeness of data collected.
- Partner with specialty clinicians to ensure appropriateness of therapies adhering to manufacture and state protocols.
- Maintain HIPAA standards and confidentiality of protected health information.
- Complete mandatory training and remain compliant with FDA regulations relating to the dispensing of high risk medications.
- Performs special projects as needed.
- Required A High School or GED
- Preferred Other Associate or Bachelor's degree
- Required 2 years of experience in pharmacy operations, managed care, hospitals and /or retail environments; experience in specialty or home infusion pharmacy is highly desirable but not required
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Other Experience in the use of pharmaceutical references
- Intermediate Other Experience in evaluating information from both oral and written sources, pharmaceutical references and report information to pharmacists
- Intermediate Other Ability to identify clinical issues throughout all steps of prescription filling process and communicate to pharmacists
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- Required Other Registered Pharmacy Technician
- Preferred Beginner Microsoft Word
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Preferred Beginner Microsoft Outlook