Reports to: Pharmacy Operations Manager
Location: 4110 George Road, Tampa FL 33634
Provides direct management of non-exempt call center associates and pharmacy technicians and/or assists in activities for the business function (or multiple functions) within the Pharmacy call centers and/or operational units. Manages staff, conducts root cause and trend analysis, and develops process improvement for all key aspects of this position.
- Manages and develops non-exempt direct reports (call center and/or pharmacy technician associated).
- Prepares midyear and end of year associate performance reviews. Provides significant input on hiring/termination situations.
- Conducts regular 1:1 and department meetings with associates. Facilitates performance development plans and career path opportunities for associates.
- Manages and monitors key call center metrics and implements improvement plans either to the individual or at an aggregate level.
- Assigns and distributes workload, monitors productivity and quality levels and provides associate coaching.
- Serves as liaison between departments when it becomes necessary due to member or workflow issues.
- Develops, recommends, and implements process improvements to improve efficiencies and services provided.
- Completes root cause analysis on data error reports from customer service systems and from business units.
- Completes trending analysis on reports retrieved from customer service systems utilizing problem solving skills.
- Trains associates on new processes and refresher training.
- Creates/revises training as needed.
- Facilitates and participates in meetings with Sr. Management as needed.
- Acts as a liaison for the Mgr/ Sr Mgr representing assigned area(s) with other areas and business units.
- Reviews training materials for the business.
- Completes gap analysis on training for the business.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required travel (as needed by C/S Operations business) to WellCare and Vendor locations including, but not limited to Florida, domestically within the USA, Near Off-Shore and Off-Shore for training support purposes
- Required A High School or GED
- Preferred Other Associates or Bachelor's degree
- Required 4 years of experience in a managed care/pharmacy customer service or call center environment or as a pharmacy technician
- Required Other Experience mentoring, leading and/or supervising others
- Required Other Experience in the areas of customer service and/or call center
- Required No Experience
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Demonstrated analytical skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to lead/manage others
- Advanced Other Understanding of managed care and its place in the health care industry
- Intermediate Other Understanding of interdependencies on other business units such as Health Services, Provider Relations, Sales, Vendors, Claims
- Intermediate Other Writing skills
- Intermediate Other Ability to handle and deal with conflict
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word Strong understanding of managed care and its place in the health care industry
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel Successful experience in the areas of customer service and/or call center
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint Understanding of interdependencies on other business units such as Health Services, Provider Relations, Sales, Vendors, Claims
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Access Good writing skills and communication skills
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook Good analytical skills to do root cause, trending and make recommendations for process improvements