Manages the daily pharmacy operations for WellCare's Medicaid lines of business. Monitors pharmacy performance to ensure the pharmacy program meets all state and contractual requirements and compliance. Sets quality standard goals and operational efficiency goals for the coverage determination process. Develops and implements policies and procedures for operational processes. Manages pharmacists and pharmacy technician staff. Participates in the hiring and mentoring of the pharmacy staff.
Department: PHARMACY-State & Benefit Relations
Reports to: VP, Pharmacy Operations
Location: Phoenix, AZ (Camelback Dr)
- Manages Pharmacy Operations clinical managers, pharmacists and staff to ensure operational goals are met.
- Ensures pharmacy department meets all regulatory compliance requirements.
- Supports financial goals and objectives of the Pharmacy Department and WellCare.
- Implements state-specific Medicaid contracts.
- Attends all necessary department and inter-department meetings including Pharmacy & Therapeutics, Operations, and department Medicaid meetings.
- Oversees and supports internal and external audits.
- Ensures pharmacy budget goals are met.
- Performs special projects as needed.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy
- Preferred Other Master's Degree and/or Doctorate in Pharmacy
- Required 7 years of experience in the pharmacy industry
- Required 3 years of management experience
- Required Other experience in managed care
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Other Ability to use pharmaceutical and medical reference, literature to provide drug information to the health plan
- Intermediate Other Ability to evaluate information from both oral and written sources and develops clear, concise and crisp reports
- Advanced Other Ability to influence others
- Intermediate Other Ability to evaluate financially the impact of drug products
Licenses and Certifications:
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Other Licensed pharmacist in state of operation; licensed consultant in state of operation
- Required intermediate skill with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint