Report to: Director, MTM Pharmacy
Location: Tampa FL George Rd
Type: Non-Exempt / Hourly
Under the supervision of a pharmacist, assists in the provision of Medication Therapy Management services and quality assurance programs. Keeps abreast of current requirement of Medication Therapy Management programs. Applies Federal and State laws/regulations as they pertain to all lines of business regarding the provision of MTM services.
- Under the direction of a pharmacist, handles both inbound and outbound MTM communications.
- Under the direction of the MTM Pharmacy Manager, helps coordinate outbound MTM mailings.
- Maintains MTM SharePoint website for changes and pharmacy memo updates.
- Supports the implementation and coordination of the MTM database. Ensures all key departmental processes are captured for tracking and trending purposes.
- Assists in validation of MTM data for CMS reporting.
- Assists in monitoring of the MTM hotline phone queue.
- Coordinates member assignment to MTM staff within the MTM database.
- Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly departmental reports.
- Assists in the collection and formatting of data to be analyzed to produce quality indicators, disease state management programs and medication therapy management services.
- Assists with provision of in-service education to technician staff on MTM and quality. Assists in the preparation of training material and maintenance of standard operating procedures.
- Assists with training new hires, as well as current employees, to meet department standards and adheres to compliance.
- Assists in the coordination of MTM departmental meetings. Prepares agendas and distribution of minutes.
- Under the direction of management, prepares presentation documents for quarterly Quality Committees. The committees include QIIWG and PQOC.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: 2 years as a Pharmacy Technician
Licenses/Certifications: Certified Pharmacy Certified Technician preferred
Special Skills (e.g. 2nd language): none
Technical Skills/Requirements: Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook)