Performs tasks to establish and maintain employee/payroll records. Balances and controls earnings and deduction totals. Reviews system output such as payroll registers and standard reports and corrects out-of-balance scenarios.
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources-Payroll
REPORTS TO: Manager, Payroll
- Performs tasks to establish and maintain employee and payroll records.
- Reviews timecards and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Processes and issues employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Issues and records adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Provides information to employees and managers on payroll matters and tax issues.
- Performs special calculations for gross-ups.
- Processes supplemental pay for W-2 reporting.
- Reviews payroll run results. Researches and corrects any record errors.
- Provides feedback to Payroll Manager for process break-downs and improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required a High School or GED
- Preferred an Associate's Degree in a related field
- Required 4 years of experience in payroll processing using ADP Enterprise.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate ability to proof large bodies of materials
- Intermediate ability to work as part of a team
- Intermediate ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management
- Intermediate demonstrated customer service skills
- Intermediate ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Fundamental Payroll Professional
- Required intermediate Automatic Data Processing (ADP)
- Required beginner Microsoft Word
- Required intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required intermediate Human Resource Management Systems (Generic)