Manages the activities relating to payroll preparation, processing, and activities relating to personnel record creation and maintenance.
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources-Payroll
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, HR Operations
- Manages a team of Payroll Specialists.
- Ensures adherence to legal, regulatory and accounting standards by maintaining and enhancing knowledge in the payroll field in a multi-state environment.
- Ensures payroll is processed in an accurate, compliant and timely manner.
- Monitors and maintains the Sarbanes-Oxley requirements for all processes related to payroll production.
- Manages the Payroll team's workload to meet operational requirements.
- Directs the preparation of payroll related documents.
- Reviews and improves payroll policies and procedures.
- Ensures all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Supports all internal and external audits related to payroll.
- Manages and resolves issues relating to payroll production.
- Performance manages and develops payroll staff.
- Maintains compliance with all Federal, State, and local payroll tax laws.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preferred a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Management, Human Resources or related field or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Required 8 years of experience in payroll
- Required 2 years of people management experience
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate ability to lead/manage others
- Intermediate demonstrated analytical skills
- Intermediate demonstrated organizational skills
- Intermediate demonstrated project management skills
- Intermediate ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records
- Intermediate excellent analytical skills to review payroll reports/summaries and identify/resolve discrepancies.
- Intermediate ability to remain calm under pressure
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- Required intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required advanced knowledge and applicable experience with HRM systems, report writing software, and timeclock / time management systems (ADP Enterprise, PeopleSoft, Kronos)