LOCATION: Henderson Road, Tampa, FL
REPORTING TO: Senior Corp Counsel
Provides general legal assistance to in-house counsel and internal clients with primary responsibility for corporate governance matters. Works on healthcare business legal issues, transactional matters, mergers and acquisitions, corporate record keeping, audit responses and business licenses.
- Assists the Corporate Secretary with routine corporate governance matters for board of directors including maintaining the corporate minute and board books of all Company affiliates.
- Maintains corporate entities, including annual report filings, formations and dissolutions
- Acts as liaison and internal client point of contact regarding various legal issues, corporate structure, entity information and other corporate governance matters
- Coordinates executive signatures on a variety of corporate documents
- Conducts legal research in a variety of areas, as requested by supervising attorneys
- Coordinates and assists with corporate record-keeping related due diligence, as well as integration post-transaction in connection with corporate transactions, and mergers and acquisitions
- Assists in maintaining company organizational charts and all project related materials (e.g. action plans, tracking tools)
- Supports quarterly board meetings of insurance-regulated subsidiaries
- Proposes solutions to problems identified for discussion with supervising attorneys
B.A. in Legal, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
4 years of relevant experience which may include prior law firm or corporate legal department experience
Solid experience in corporate governance and business transactions
Relies on legal experience, knowledge and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
Administrative and/or policy experience, particularly in the legal, insurance and/or healthcare field
Technical Skills/Requirements: Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Visio and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat