LOCATION: 5520 W. Idlewild Avenue, Tampa, FL 33634
REPORTING TO: Senior Manager, Operations
Position plans and directs activities for the business function (or multiple functions) within Operations. Process improvement and project management are key aspects of this position. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring considerable creativity, originality and ingenuity.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Develops and directs the implementation of strategies to substantially improve efficiencies and service provided while reducing costs.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of goals and performance standards.
- Manages processes and projects that are aligned directly to operational goals and budgets.
- Works closely with the appropriate parties to implement high level quality and performance management initiatives.
- Plans, conducts and directs work on complex projects/programs necessitating the origination and application of new and unique approaches.
- Ensures corporate initiatives are implemented to achieve optimum results.
- Establishes objectives, schedules, and cost data of business function being managed.
- Applies a comprehensive knowledge of a particular field of specialization to the completion of assignments.
- Advises management in long-range planning for areas of specialization.
- Directs, develops and implements appropriate changes in area(s) policy and procedures under the guidance of the Sr Manager and/or Director.
- Acts in a Liaison Capacity with other areas and business units to implement and communicate business strategy as it relates to Operations.
- Responsible for managing and oversight of training and reference materials including content, work instructions, and tools necessary for associates consumption.
- Identify, implement, participate, and lead process improvement initiatives.
- Manages or oversees new implementations for the business like expansions or integrations.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for the lines of business assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required A High School or GED
- Preferred A Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Required 5 years of experience in a related field based on operational area
- Required 2 years experience in leading/supervising others
- Preferred technical (software lifecycle), other previous experience in a healthcare environment
- Required Other Strong experience in the areas of customer service and Call Center management at the leadership level, and a deep understanding of interrelationships between Call Center, Health Services, Provider Relations, Sales, Vendors, and Claims and their impact on the success of the health plan as a whole
- Preferred 6 months of experience in Project management
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Demonstrated leadership skills
- Intermediate Ability to lead/manage others
- Intermediate Demonstrated analytical skills
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Other Strong knowledge of call center planning and the ability to create and implement a capacity plan that meets goals
- Intermediate Other Solid understanding of managed care and its place in the health care industry
- Advanced Other Strong knowledge of modern call center systems and ability to utilize them to their maximum potential
- Intermediate Other In-Depth functional knowledge and broad multi-functional knowledge
- Intermediate Ability to drive multiple projects
- Intermediate Demonstrated project management skills
A license in one of the following is required: