Provides general office, project-related and administrative support for a designated field office location(s). Performs a wide variety of administrative tasks requiring initiative, strong attention to detail and working knowledge of the organization and programs. Work entails confidential and sensitive issues requiring a high degree of discretion.
Reports to: Manager, Marketing and Office Coordination
Location: Chicago, IL
- Serves as office administrator for field office, providing administrative oversight and coordination for field staff.
- Demonstrates appropriate customer-care skills such as empathy, active listening, courtesy, politeness, helpfulness and other skills as identified.
- Performs clericals support, maintains phone log, prepares routine and special reports, schedules and coordinates meetings, arranges travel, operates and maintains general office equipment, screens and directs incoming calls, greets visitors, maintains confidential files and maintains management's calendars.
- Identifies opportunities to improve department results, communications and operating efficiencies.
- Logs, tracks and appropriately documents all issues utilizing on-line systems and procedures, and in accordance with all applicable guidelines and requirements.
- Participates in cross-functional departmental planning sessions.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
- Responds to member, provider and other inquiries on-site for walk-in requests while meeting all corporate guidelines and performance standards.
- Records, investigates and resolves member complaints as detailed in the Grievance Procedure narrative.
- Supports field office member, provider and staff events, coordinates materials and invitations, and plans and orders food where necessary.
- Occasional work during non-business hours and weekends is required.
- Works closely with the Medicaid and Medicare MOS to understand the opportunities to maximize the use of the center and to operate the facility effectively, i.e. ensure the space configuration is appropriate for the use, conference rooms are booked accurately, cleaning is done timely and properly, restrooms are accessible, clean and stocked.
- Required A High School or GED
- Preferred An Associate's Degree in a related field
- Required 3 years of experience in general office administration and support
- Required Other Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Beginner Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Intermediate Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information
- Intermediate Demonstrated customer service skills
- Intermediate Ability to work as part of a team
- Intermediate Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Intermediate Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management
- Intermediate Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from families, members, and providers
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Other Ability to remain calm under pressure
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft Project
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft Access