Interacts extensively with the markets, actuarial and cross-functional representatives within the organization and assists in product-related responsibilities. Focuses on coherent and realistic activities which support the development and execution of product strategies, including those related to support of product development, product management, sales, and operations as well as marketing initiatives/programs to drive specific sales and share gain objectives. Drives the development of the overall objectives, strategy and design of the Medicare, Medicaid, Health Insurance Excahnge and speciaty products. Develops long-range product plans and competitive strategies at the regional, state, market and county levels.
The Ideal Candidate:
Would have created new businesses inside of an organization.
Would have had P&L responsibility
Would have taken a concept, made the blueprint, influencing/guiding across the organization.
Would have worked in a heavily matrixed environment.
Would be the subject Matter Expert for Long Term Support and Services (LTSS)
- Serves as single point of contact for market leadership into corporate sales, marketing, and product management functions.
- Participates in initiatives across product functions (e.g., benefit design, prodive input for materials).
- Attends core meetings and represents the product functions as appropriate.
- Monitors periordic product performance across markets. Analyzes actual versus expected MBR (and creates corrective plans). Analyzes actual versus expected vendor costs / utilization (and creates corrective plans.
- Contributes to sales training and development programs and participates in the training effort as it relates to new products.
- Identifies, troubleshoots, and helps to solve cross-functional, operational, and organizational issues that impact P&L performance.
- Improves quality of products by driving cross-functional initiatives.
- Maintains up to date market intelligence to understand customer needs, competitive activity and emerging product opportunities.
- Develops expansion business cases and plans within existing products and geographies.
- Leads the Medicaid. Medicare and Health Exchange benefit design process with focus on existing offerings.
- Coordinates cross-functional teams whose participation includes sales, actuarial, regulatory, health services and government affairs. Ensure successful products get implemented within the markets.
- Interfaces with senior leadership on strategic decision making.
- Performs other duties as assigned including but not limited to OTC cards pharmacy benefits management.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in marketing
- Preferred A Master's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field
- Required 15 years of experience in Product Management or Marketing Capacity
- Required 8 years of experience in managed care
- Required 5 years of management experience
- Required Other Solid experience and exposure leading projects and people in two of the following areas: Product Development, Product Managmenet, Marketing & Sales, Strategic Planning, Marketing Management and/or Provider Relations.
- Advanced Demonstrated project management skills
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Ability to influence internal and external constituents
- Advanced Demonstrated leadership skills
- Advanced Ability to analyze information and covert related activities into a comprehensive work plan
- Advanced Demonstrated organizational skills
- Advanced Demonstrated written communication skills
- Advanced Other Knowledge and exposure to CMS regulations
- Advanced Other Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects
Licenses and Certifications:
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Workd, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word Strong working knowledge of project planning software sufficient to document project steps and report progress
- Required Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Advanced Microsoft Project