Documents, implements, monitors, and supports local and wide-area networks and systems to meet the business requirements of the organization.
- Documents, implements, monitors, and supports TCP/IP local and wide-area networks using Cisco equipment and other industry standard equipment and practices
- Supports Windows server configurations and troubleshoots Windows XP, 2000, 2003 installations.
- Helps ensure that all provided technology services and solutions meet business needs for reliability, performance, and security
- Responds to alerts or emergency issues within 15 minutes during normal business hours and when on-call
- Assists in reviewing new technologies against business requirements to identify opportunities for process, performance, reliability, or data management, storage or backup improvements and to identify opportunities to reduce costs.
Education: Associate's Degree or technical school in information systems or information technology or related field or equivalent experience; Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
Experience: 4 years experience working in Information Technology in technical roles with no less than three of the following technologies:
- TCP/IP network design, implementation, administration, and support
- Network service, application, and database design, implementation, administration, and support
- Network management and/or security
Extensive experience and knowledge (4 years) working with enterprise-class routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless.
2 years experience working with Cisco IP telephony servers, gateways, and phones.
Licenses/Certifications: At least one of the following certifications required - more than one certification or advanced certifications, preferred:
Standard Certifications: CCNA, CCDA, Network
Advanced Certifications: CCNP, CCDP
Additional certifications in network or systems design, implementation, or diagnostics or in any of the following areas, preferred: Internet Technologies and Routing (e.g. Web, IIS, Apache, BGP), Firewalls and Network Security (e.g. Cisco PIX, intrusion detection/prevention, vulnerability scanning), Authentication Security (e.g. smartcards, tokens, biometrics)
Remote Access and VPNs, Network Management and Diagnostics (e.g. Solarwinds Orion, Wireshark, Sniffer, CiscoWorks)
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio and Project
Knowledge of network or systems documentation, implementation, monitoring, and support