Location: Henderson Rd, Tampa, FL 33634
Department: CNS - National Contracting
Reports to: Sr. Director, National Contracting
Manages all assigned contracting activities for multi-market and enterprise-wide ancillary, vendor and hospital contracts. Manages the contract life-cycle from: 1) the identification of providers, including through an RFP process that includes multiple department and market participation, 2) the vetting of unsolicited bids from prospective providers, 3) the direction of specific modeling requests associated with vetting the value of the potential contract, 4) the negotiation of sophisticated rate and language provisions, 5) the oversight of the specific configuration process to ensure savings are realized in expedited manner. Researches current agreements for potential improvement in profitability. Involves Market Leadership in the identification and vetting of expense reduction opportunities.
- Oversees multi-market and enterprise-wide contract negotiations in specific areas such as ancillary services, health systems and delegated vendors. Ensures we are meeting set financial targets.
- Engages with Health Analytics weekly to value contracts and programs offered by potential vendors or providers.
- Partners with Legal Services on contract language negotiations with vendors and providers and takes ownership of the contract execution process.
- Leads project teams for vendor selection (RFP) to include relevant stakeholders and drives consensus on action plans
- Achieves company medical expense reduction targets through aggressive national ancillary contracting and risk contract management.
- Identifies potential new contracts, vendor relationships, or internal programs that will reduce medical expense and/or improve operating efficiency.
- Works in close collaboration with the Market finance and network staff to evaluate and vet contract opportunities.
- Helps set yearly medical expense reduction targets for national contracting
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in a related field; or equivalent work experience with at least 7 years of Provider/hospital/ancillary contracting, network development, financial analysis, medical economics, contract negotiations, strategic planning, market development or business management
- Required: 5 years of experience in provider/hospital/ancillary contracting, network development, financial analysis, medical economics, contract negotiations, strategic planning, market development or business management
- Required: Experience in negotiations
- Preferred: Experience in a managed care environment
- Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Knowledge of community, state and federal laws and resources
- Knowledge of healthcare delivery Ability to explain complicated financial terms and utilization data to physicians and staff
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills Ability to speak publicly
- Ability to lead/manage others in a matrixed environment
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records
- Knowledge of provider contrast and health care reimbursement
- Understanding of regulatory compliance management and reportng requirements
- Ability to manage complex transaction and service models
- Demonstrated proficiency in establishing and driving medical cost management programs
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Ability to analyze data in Excel to identify trends, and variance from goals
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Outlook