Recruit, train, monitor (to include counseling), and motivate a sales team to prospect for and enroll eligible in the Medicare Advantage. Supervision of all sales activities related to distribution of resources, production reports, commission payouts, and mentoring of sales representatives on team. Present and/or train individual representatives to present the Medicare Advantage using approved presentation materials for both in-home and seminar settings. Ensure that Medicare Advantage plans are presented providing full disclosure, and in compliance with corporate policy and procedure. All other duties as assigned by Sales Director.
Department: Medicare Sales
Reports to: Dir, Field Sales & Market
Additional Responsibilities: Candidate Education:
- Motivate sales team to achieve annual enrollment goals.
- Utilize corporate sales support as a resource to achieve maximum results.
- Supervise administrative functions of sales team including submission of enrollment forms, commission payouts, representative evaluations, training, and mentoring.
- Assist team in generation of referrals from the new business in order to reduce corporate lead dependency.
- Utilize territorial model philosophy to maximize team marketing efforts in attaining new enrollments.
- Maintain a disenrollment rate that is deemed acceptable from corporate.
- Manage team to achieve acceptable level of enrollments utilizing sources other than supported by corporate.
- Check all enrollment paperwork for accuracy.
- Provides guidance to more junior associates based on WellCare’s best practice to improve performance and effectiveness.
- Strictly adheres to the CMS and WellCare’s Marketing MIPPA regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A High School or GED
- Preferred A Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Required 5 years of experience in HMO/Managed Healthcare or Insurance Industry with a focus on sales and marketing
- Required 2 years of management experience
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Demonstrated project management skills
- Advanced Demonstrated organizational skills
- Advanced Demonstrated leadership skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated customer service skills
- Intermediate Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Advanced Knowledge of healthcare delivery
- Advanced Knowledge of community, state and federal laws and resources
- Intermediate Ability to lead/manage others
- Intermediate Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Intermediate Other Ability to plan events
- Intermediate Other Demonstrated public relations skills
- Intermediate Other Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Intermediate Other Ability to motivate and encourage the sales force
- Intermediate Other Skills in prospecting for leads and converting to appointments; converting appointments into enrollments
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Other Medicare Sales Certification and recertification
- Required Licensed 2-40 Health Insurance
- Required Other Driver's License
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Publisher