LOCATION: Henderson Road, Tampa, FL
REPORTING TO: Director Medical Economics
Position combines a thorough knowledge and understanding of Managed Care analysis of financial information from the Medical Economics perspective and an expert knowledge of systems and report application development. Works closely with executives, users, peers, and other stakeholders to identify business requirements necessary to build timely, accurate, and efficient solutions that will improve decision making and support critical business strategies. Provides functional knowledge and technical ability in order to design, implement and customize departmental applications, systems and data sources to meet the customer's requirements and system needs. Leads in the development of complex adhoc report to enable process and medical expense trend analysis. Provides recommendations on the implementation of new and revised operational and/or reporting processes.
- Formulates new internal processes and analytical reports to improve information resources.
- Using advanced business unit knowledge, proactively researches requests for assistance and recommends software solutions or process improvements that will meet business needs.
- Provides consulting support to process owners and project teams, including documentation and mapping of existing processes, identification of best industry practices, analysis of process improvement opportunities, definition and documentation of new processes.
- Provide business and technical expertise in requirements solicitation, system analysis, technical design, programming and documentation of reports.
- Perform as a technical representative between Information Services and Finance. Participate in and facilitate the definition and development of the technical solution concept, including vision, scope and technical design.
- Supports, troubleshoots and maintains production analytics to optimize performance, resolve problems, and provide timely follow-up on identified issues.
- Develops ad-hoc reports to conduct data analysis and validation.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Preferred A Master's Degree in a related field
- Preferred Other significant industry experience
Candidate Skills:Licenses and Certifications:Technical Skills:
- Required 5 years of experience in relevant health care or industry experience
- Required 2 years of experience in programming and analytical experience
- Required No Experience
- Required Advanced SQL Server System Advanced skills in SQR, SQL Server, SAS, Oracle, SQL Plus
- Required Advanced Statistical Analysis Systems (SAS) Highly proficient in Excel and Access, PowerPoint, COGNOS Product Suite
- Required Advanced Oracle Database Management System (DBMS) Visual Basic, Crystal Report Writing and Business Objects experience a plus
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Required Advanced Microsoft Access
- Required Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Advanced Crystal Report Writing Visual Basic, Crystal Report Writing and Business Objects experience a plus
- Required Advanced Visual Basics
- Required Advanced Business Objects
- Required Advanced Other COGNOS Product Suite
- Required Advanced Other SQR