Develops, plans and implements the outreach (community and member) programs, and marketing strategy for events, activities and out reach to interested candidates and members in compliance with CMS, state, federal and WellCare regulations for Medicare and according to the prescribed rules and regulations of the Medicare Contract. Implements community programs throughout the service area with the purpose of (1) providing meaningful programs for community residents including marketing and education of WellCare products directly resulting in membership growth, (2) strengthen member relations through specific marketing and education initiatives resulting in greater member retention (3) building community coalitions partnerships to specifically increase enrollment and member retention and (4) promoting WellCare programs and related initiatives. Promotes WellCare products and directly assists with accomplishing outreach and enrollment goals.
Department: Medicaid Sales
Reports to: Mgr, Marketing Outreach
- Compliantly markets Medicare products to all interested eligible candidates.
- Identifies target organizations based on population served.
- Organizes and develops successful marketing enrollment events to prospect eligible members. Provides education on Wellcare benefits, passes out consent to contact cards, answers questions and schedules sales appointment.
- Develops and maintains relationships within the business and community organizations.
- Contacts facilities in service areas to arrange meetings, ensuring all locations meet CMS requirements.
- Provides direct member outreach including education through multiple channels, i.e., telephone outreach, new member orientations, individual member meetings.
- Conducts compliant marketing and education presentations to individuals as well as targeted partners.
- Provides ongoing assistance to Medicare members, as necessary, answering questions and/or directing inquiries to Customer Service.
- Ensures all member issues are documented and communicated clearly for issue resolution.
- Thoroughly and accurately documents all program activities regarding the effectiveness of the programs.
- Participates in strategy meetings as necessary and make recommendations regarding WellCare projects.
- Ensures all events, activities, communication, materials, media, promotions, etc. meeting corporate and CMS rules and regulations.
- Continually monitors activities of health industry competitors and provides information to management.
- Coordinates with Member Services and Enrollment departments regarding member issues.
- Assists in preparation of all marketing and education events, activities and all presentations to eligible candidates, community partners, provider partners, etc.
- Ensures necessary inventory levels of marketing and educational materials is maintained, including organizing and compiling marketing and educational packets and all giveaway, promotional items.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Builds relationship with FMOs and 1099s
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or a related field
- Required 2 years of experience in sales and/or marketing in HMO/Managed Healthcare or Insurance Industry
- Required Other Successfully completed all required Medicare state, federal and corporate compliance training
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to work independently
- Intermediate Ability to work as part of a team
- Intermediate Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate Knowledge of healthcare delivery
- Intermediate Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Intermediate Demonstrated customer service skills
- Intermediate Ability to multi-task
- Intermediate Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Intermediate Knowledge of community, state and federal laws and resources
- Intermediate Other Ability to work calmly under pressure
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Licensed 2-40 Health Insurance
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft Access
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook