Location: Idlewild Ave, Tampa, FL
Reporting to: Mgr, Operations
Provides copy and production support for government-sponsored health plans. Projects span from brand marketing through acquisition to onboarding and retention. Copywriters adhere to established corporate brand and quality standards while serving members, contracted providers, and prospective members and providers.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Writes and edits copy to ensure materials and/or web content are clear, concise and audience-appropriate.
- Collaborates with designers, business partners and others to create effective messages designed to achieve business objectives.
- Assesses readability to ensure communications comply with required reading levels.
- Applies approved corporate style and branding standards to ensure consistency in copy and design.
- Corrects errors in type, format, grammar, punctuation and spelling (notes corrections electronically and on paper using standard proofreader's marks).
- Documents and provides proofs with marked corrections to be revised and reviewed.
- Ensures accuracy of material and/or web content through research. Escalates concerns to key stakeholders regarding content that may need review.
- Participates in kickoff/strategy meetings for special projects and assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in English, communications, journalism or related field
- Required 3 years of experience in writing and/or editing experience in a health care, agency, corporate or internal creative services department
- Preferred Other Experience in an agency or in-house agency setting is highly beneficial, as is a working knowledge of AP Style
- Preferred Other Web copywriting experience
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Demonstrated organizational skills
- Intermediate Ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records
- Intermediate Ability to multi-task
- Intermediate Ability to proof large bodies of materials
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Intermediate Ability to work independently
- Intermediate Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Intermediate Ability to work as part of a team
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft Publisher
- Required Advanced Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Adobe Acrobate
- Preferred Intermediate Macintosh Photoshop
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Beginner Microsoft Excel