Helps set strategy and drives the profitability of a single state or market segment with revenues above $100M with overall responsibility for network development, provider relations, marketing and potentially sales. Provides leadership in all facets of the business including planning, assistance with the day to day management of state operations, project and initiative leadership, as well as organization development. This role will facilitate problem identification, solution development, and initiative implementation as well as facilitate and make critical decisions on behalf of the Senior Team. The Market VP is an integral part of the Senior Leadership Team and works collaboratively with the Leadership Team, WellCare Corporate Senior Leadership and others as required.
Reports to: State President
Location: Kapolei, HI
- Key role supporting market on effective medical management, financial, compliance and quality through effective network contracting and long-term approach to successful partnerships with key providers. Matrix responsibility for overall success of the market.
- Provides day-to-day leadership for network development, provider relations, marketing and potentially sales
- Critical role in achieving business results within the assigned market
- Recognized as a senior member of WellCare's team in the market and responsible for establishing and maintaining key relationships with providers, hospitals, and community organizations.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of a viable provider network to ensure the health care needs of WellCare members. Develops and manages provider contracts and partnerships to achieve quality and cost management objectives. Works closely with providers to enhance relationships and maximize their ability to effectively manage the cost of medical delivery.
- Own and manage special projects assigned by the health plan that may interface across multiple functional areas of WellCare, and liase with external stakeholders or consultants as needed.
- Recommendations carry considerable weight in budget decisions impacting their market.
- Provides leadership and direction to the management team to ensure the organization's strategic plan is translated into tactical goals and objectives that guarantee performance objectives are met or exceeded.
- Assist and leads where appropriate, with aspects of state and federal government relationships, including dealing with regulators, as necessary, to establish and continue effective working relationships. Ensures that all state and federal regulations are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field with 10 years of directly related experience with 5 years of previous management experience.
- Preferred Master's Degree in a related field with 5 years of directly related experience with 3 to 5 years previous management experience
- Preferred or equivalent work experience
- Required 10 years of experience in managing a P&L in a health care environment; government programs and managed care experience
- Required 5 years of management experience
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Ability to influence internal and external constituents
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records
- Ability to drive multiple projects
- Ability to lead/manage others in a matrixed environment
- Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Advanced Knowledge of healthcare delivery
- Other Extensive technical/functional expertise with strong management skills to coordinate broad function areas
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word