Location: Henderson Rd (Tampa, FL)
Reports to: Director, Regulatory Cost
Manage the detailed preparation of the annual budget, monthly budget, reforecasting, Cognos/Hyperion updates, integration of actual results into the budgeting models, and the associated internal reporting to department heads including monthly review discussions. Oversee the analysis of significant monthly variances in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and the needs of Finance management. Perform routine and ad hoc complex financial analysis work including evaluating financial information, preparing reports indicating trends, providing recommendations to management, and responding to inquiries for professional counsel related to financial information. Ensure consistency between budgets/forecasts and the accounting conventions of the Company, requiring in-depth knowledge of relevant generally accepting accounting principles and Company accounting policies. Foster a positive working relationship with Accounting and FP&A departments.
- Mastery of the budget model and related processes, including ability to quickly update data and change model formats and methods and inputs in reaction to business requirements
- Coordinate/perform the loading of the budget and monthly reforecasts into the Company-wide repository (Cognos/Hyperion)
- Integrate actual results into the budget. Analyze resulting data to ensure accuracy and propriety. Partner with business unit management, making recommendations to improve SG&A and assisting as requested to measure results.
- Oversee the analysis of significant monthly variances in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of explanations ahead of potential auditor review. Assist VP-Finance with monthly, quarterly and annual explanations as requested for responses to senior management and the Board.
- Develop monthly reporting of actual and budget/forecast amounts for all levels of management. Customize reporting to contain only information relevant to specific recipients, answering questions and interpreting results to ensure business owners understand their meaning
- Interact with Core HR in the tracking of associate new hires and relevant financial data for budgeting purposes, requiring the handling of very sensitive and confidential information
- Create more detailed business and financial monthly metrics, including reporting, analyzing and summarizing the metrics. Interpret the meaning of these metrics for operational management.
- Continual focus to challenge area leaders for cost savings and to operate within the budget, while continuing to build organizational partnerships.
- Improve processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness, making decisions on or developing solutions on complex problems.
- Cross train and assist in area training as requested by department management.
- Quickly provide supporting data or presentations in reaction to external auditor requests.
- Complete special projects as required, involving a diversity of deliverables, frequently with limited notice or tight deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support business unit special financial and operational requirements as necessary.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Preferred A Master's Degree in Business Administration
- Required 5 years of experience in a related financial analysis role supporting business departments
- Preferred 3 years of experience in a Healthcare environment
- Required No Experience
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records
- Advanced Demonstrated organizational skills
- Advanced Other Work documentation skills
- Preferred Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Visio
- Required Intermediate Other Knowledge of and/or ability to learn COGNOS for budgetary decisions and review